Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

1st time hunter need help

Old 01-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Spike

Default 1st time hunter need help

i am a 1st time hunter i live in nevada and going for elk and deer tags any help will be helpfull i manly need help with what what area to try to get a tag for
Old 01-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure how it works for residents, assuming better odds than non-residents, but still believe you need to build points to hunt the best units, so at least apply and build points cheaply in your home state for all species.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tp, welcome to the site. First thing I would do is obtained the hunting regulations and find within it the stats and quotas from the previous year. These hunting regs can also be accessed on line.

Bobby
Old 02-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Contact the state biologist and ask about success rates on the draw and hunts. The Rubies are always a good start, so is the Ely area (Schell Range?).
Old 02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Spike

ok thanks for the info now i just need to read more about how thay act at diferent times of the year
Old 02-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

may subscribe to a magazine that publishes state info....eastmans' or the huntin fool or nevada fish and game? or rocky mountain fish and game?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd head down to the DOW and pick up whatever resources they have available. While I was there, I would try and talk with a DOW officer and see if he could point me in the right direction. In Colorado most of the DOW guys and gals will do anything they can to help you. Good luck and welcome to huntingnet.