Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Looking for an outfitter to hunt black bear with hounds >

Looking for an outfitter to hunt black bear with hounds

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Looking for an outfitter to hunt black bear with hounds

Old 12-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Looking for an outfitter to hunt black bear with hounds

My father-in-law and I have spent hours on the internet looking for an outfitter that will let us hunt black bear with hounds. But the few that we did find were in California. We live in Ohio and don't want to travel across the states to get it. We were hopeing that mabey you guys know some place closer. If you do and you want to leave the web address we would be thankful.

P.S. We are looking for a place in the southeast or northeast of the united states to hunt black bear with hounds.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is quite a few that hunt bear with hounds up this way.. I can not give you any names off the top of my head but I can talk with a couple for you if interested and PM the contact info.. These are fall only bear hunts up here though..
Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are very interested in checking in to some of the bear hunts with hounds in maine. So if you have the chanch to talk to them let us know. We will be awating your reply.
Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

I'm heading out this weekend in Eastern North Carolina after giant black bears running behind hounds.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will let you know once I talk with them and send you the contact info..
Thanks,
Phil
Old 12-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd head for the UP of Michigan, or perhaps out east, I think it's one of the Carolinas that have B&C blackbears, I think eastern NC...
Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

I can't recommend a specific outfitter but hounding for bears in Utah is legal so I would imagine there would be some outfitters in Utah offering that sort of hunt. I know there are a few outfitters that hound for Lions.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

I'm telling you, the NC Coastal Plain is the place to go for Black Bear Hunting.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Really? there was quite a few big bears taken this year that I am not sure what the biggest one was. Last year the biggest one was 612lbs. dressed and the scoring I am not sure of. These are wild bears and this area is the tops for most all of Maine when it comes to bear hunting.. I am thinking of trying to contact David Tobby in Grandlake Stream. I will let you know once I have made contact because bear hunters have to book early in order to get in with any of these guides..

You also can fly fish in the stream for landlock salmon which is catch and release during bear season. Or you can try your luck at white perch fishing as well which is open on most lakes until ice forms..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 12-08-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Spike

Check out Track Down Kennels in Northern Maine. They hunt with both hounds and bait. My dad killed a bear with them over hounds years ago. They are up near Eagle Lake and have a really nice place. You can fish as well out the back door.

trackdownkennelslodge.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.