Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Hunters Down 50%?

Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

I think all the hunters in your unit must have moved to mine. I have never seen as many hunters as i did this season. Especially the smokepolers.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

just wait until 2010...most states raising tag prices which will drop even more hunters.....OR especially
Old 11-19-2009, 07:09 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

??

Some good responses. Glad to see that not all areas saw the marked drop in participation that we witnessed when it comes to "away from home/remote elk hunts." For those of you that I could sort out what you were saying, thanks for your input!

Have not been to this website in maybe a year and a half, looks like most the heavy hitters have left, in the mean time, it appears the coherency index of many of the remaining respondants has fallen off substantially.

On balance, not worth the trouble, good luck with all that.
Adios.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

adios and good riddance! I see your Holier than thou attitude hasn't changed much either in your absence.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by EKM
??

Some good responses. Glad to see that not all areas saw the marked drop in participation that we witnessed when it comes to "away from home/remote elk hunts." For those of you that I could sort out what you were saying, thanks for your input!

Have not been to this website in maybe a year and a half, looks like most the heavy hitters have left, in the mean time, it appears the coherency index of many of the remaining respondants has fallen off substantially.

On balance, not worth the trouble, good luck with all that.
Adios.
I didn't miss you before and won't miss you after! Adios!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was hunting north of Hayden and we were definetly not alone...there was alot of hunters and surprising alot from out of state. Where we were it was about the same as last year....way too many!!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

I was in Buffalo WY hunting Pronghorn the week of October 12 and non-resident hunter numbers seemed to be down significantly. The local restaurant and hotel operators indicated demands were way down, and that the hunters that were there were not spending as much money as they usually did.