Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Big Game Success Pics -2009 >

Big Game Success Pics -2009

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Big Game Success Pics -2009

Old 10-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Spike

Default took a cow

Hey all, got a cow here in Idaho. Archery hunt was winding down, didnt want to go home empty. Our Peak1 Frame worked out killer. I packed the entire back 1/2 out for about 1 mile. 107#, however I wont do that again. just had to do it once to see if I could. Frame worked great, legs didnt work as well. Jellllllllllllllllllllllo
Fun hunt though, tracked em through the timber, got a 35yds shot. She went about 80yds.
If any of you are using our product be sure to send us some recent pics! email [email protected]
We are starting a trophy page and would like to ad all we can. Include the hunter name, age, state and type of kill, bow or rifle etc. Thanks All!
Attached Thumbnails Big Game Success Pics -2009-09-cow-small.jpg   Big Game Success Pics -2009-09cow-menclint-sitting.jpg   Big Game Success Pics -2009-09-cow-frame-standing-up-small.jpg   Big Game Success Pics -2009-09-cow-menclint-balancing.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

well i was hunitng 1st rifle season in colorado this saturday and sunday, hunting not to far from vail on public. their were about 5 other camps up there and nothing was moving around. so in the morning i walked up this very big hill. i was the only person up there cause you can only get there if you walk and you know all these truck hunters wouldnt even walk up their if they knew they could get an elk. anyways i saw alot of sign and could just smell elk, i let off a cow call and 2 cows and a legal bull stood up and took off never giving me a shot, i then cow called to try and stop 1 and a bigger bull down the hill responded. i did the same thing the next day and didnt get anything, but it was sweet hearing all these bulls bugle and im only 17 so i can get my ether sex tag turned into a cow for any late season.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rmpacks
Hey all, got a cow here in Idaho. Archery hunt was winding down, didnt want to go home empty. Our Peak1 Frame worked out killer. I packed the entire back 1/2 out for about 1 mile. 107#, however I wont do that again. just had to do it once to see if I could. Frame worked great, legs didnt work as well. Jellllllllllllllllllllllo
Fun hunt though, tracked em through the timber, got a 35yds shot. She went about 80yds.
If any of you are using our product be sure to send us some recent pics! email [email protected]
We are starting a trophy page and would like to ad all we can. Include the hunter name, age, state and type of kill, bow or rifle etc. Thanks All!
Congrats! 2 quarters at a time... you guys are some mules. Who needs horses...
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Took this Colorado bull yesterday. He wasn't the biggest one in the herd but he did give me a good shot.

We spotted the herd early then hiked about a mile into position. Once there they seemed a little spooked and weren't sure where to go. After waiting them out a bit longer they decided to turn and move the direction we wanted them to. A cow moved through the opening first then this bull. Instead of waiting for the entire herd to move through and hoping I had a shot at the big bull, I decided to go ahead and take this respectable one. 5x7 if you count the small kicker on the left.
Attached Thumbnails Big Game Success Pics -2009-100_2734.jpg   Big Game Success Pics -2009-100_2739.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Talking a boar

a few weeks ago went out hunting deer but only got a pig. we wanted the head but we couldn't get it since we didn't have anything to cut through bone.
Attached Thumbnails Big Game Success Pics -2009-spences-pig.jpg   Big Game Success Pics -2009-spences-pig1.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DamBigBuck
Took this Colorado bull yesterday. He wasn't the biggest one in the herd but he did give me a good shot.

We spotted the herd early then hiked about a mile into position. Once there they seemed a little spooked and weren't sure where to go. After waiting them out a bit longer they decided to turn and move the direction we wanted them to. A cow moved through the opening first then this bull. Instead of waiting for the entire herd to move through and hoping I had a shot at the big bull, I decided to go ahead and take this respectable one. 5x7 if you count the small kicker on the left.

Very nice sir, very nice. I'm here in Colorado Springs/Falcon too, and will be hunting this weekend, and maybe 3rd season too. Going down to GMU 80. Where did you get that beauty at?

Mav
Old 10-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MadMav
Very nice sir, very nice. I'm here in Colorado Springs/Falcon too, and will be hunting this weekend, and maybe 3rd season too. Going down to GMU 80. Where did you get that beauty at?

Mav
Thank ya. Hunted in GMU 57, near Salida. We'll be back up that way this weekend to try and get my boy a buck.

Good luck to ya.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

got this one on the eastern plains of CO. Private farm land with alot of nice goats on it. I went with a total of four other hunters and we all filled licenses in the course of three days -

and the weekend before I went with my BIL to get this bad boy. This was a once in a lifetime public hunt in North Park, CO -

Last edited by skb2706; 10-13-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DamBigBuck
Thank ya. Hunted in GMU 57, near Salida. We'll be back up that way this weekend to try and get my boy a buck.

Good luck to ya.

Very nice, and good luck to your boy this weekend. I'm going to head down to GMU 80 to do some scouting/hunting this weekend, and the next if need be.

Mav
Old 10-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Spike

skb2706, very nice!!!! Thanks for all your help sir! Some day we'll hook up.

Mav

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.