HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Waterbuck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/302112-waterbuck.html)

Knockespoch 08-30-2009 09:43 PM

Waterbuck

Hello Folks. I am new to the site, recruited by Remington_Girl, a fellow Scot.

The biggest game we have in Scotland is the Red Deer, about the size of your Mule Deer, or maybe a little smaller, depending on if it is hill red or park red. So for bigger game I go to South Africa. here is a picture of a waterbuck I took this year as part of my annual Africa hunt.

He was taken at 140 yards with a 7mm Rem Mag.

remington_girl 08-31-2009 08:31 AM

Now my dear that would look so good on my livingroom wall :hail:

I still want a nice whitetail buck, I dont know many people here that have killed one.

Knockespoch 08-31-2009 11:18 AM

I'm afraid I have only had a whitetail spike. In the early eighties I worked for a Texas company which had a deer lease on the King Ranch. I used to get there once a year. I shot one whitetail spike and a bobcat, drank lots of Coors beer and ate too many tortillas!!

remington_girl 08-31-2009 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Knockespoch (Post 3425357)
I'm afraid I have only had a whitetail spike. In the early eighties I worked for a Texas company which had a deer lease on the King Ranch. I used to get there once a year. I shot one whitetail spike and a bobcat, drank lots of Coors beer and ate too many tortillas!!

Sounds like great fun :D

Wish me luck that i'll bag a nice buck in MS.

crokit 08-31-2009 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Knockespoch (Post 3424893)
Hello Folks. I am new to the site, recruited by Remington_Girl, a fellow Scot.

The biggest game we have in Scotland is the Red Deer, about the size of your Mule Deer, or maybe a little smaller, depending on if it is hill red or park red. So for bigger game I go to South Africa. here is a picture of a waterbuck I took this year as part of my annual Africa hunt.

He was taken at 140 yards with a 7mm Rem Mag.

LOL Looks like a silencer on the barrel.

Beehunter 08-31-2009 01:12 PM

Sweet gun and very nice Waterbuck.

Knockespoch 09-01-2009 12:51 AM

Yes it was great fun. The good old days of the oil & gas industry in the early eighties.

The fact that you have my good wishes for all your hunts is a given RG.

Yes it is a silencer Beehunter. Made by a company called ASE. The model is a Jet Z. It reduces the noise level to that of a .17 HMR and reduces recoil to the level of a .22-250. It does add 5 inches to the barrel length though.

The rifle shoots like a dream. Sub half minute of angle. It was built by my riflesmith friend, Mike Norris, an ex Royal Marine sniper. This 7mm Rem Mag is based on a Remington action, with a Pacnor three groove fluted barrel, Jewel trigger and fitted in a McMillan Lazeroni thumbhole stock. The bolt is refitted with a Sako extractor and the whole rifle is fully blue printed. The scope is a NightForce 6-22 x 50. The scope is fitted with a Kenton Industries elevtion turret, graduated in 25 yard increments. These turrets made by a Calfornian copany (Kenton Industries) are amazing. Sight in the rifle at 100 yards, fit the turret, range the target, dial it up on the elevation turret and shoot point of aim. Good out to 1000 yards, though I have only proved it to 900 yards.

David.