Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming >

Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming

Old 08-08-2009, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming

I got drawn for the Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming. I am a little nervous as I don't know what to expect as far as weather, terrain and even what kind of clothes to hunt in. I have not hunted any farther west than Nebraska so if anyone has any pointers about anything related to this area and hunting conditions I would appreciate your input. I am hunting with a group of 3 other hunters who have hunted out west the last several yrs so I won't be totally on my own. I think it will be a good hunt and I am really looking foreward to it.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Spike

Carry a GOOD binocular. Get high and glass in the morning. Watch them bed, get the wind right, and then circle around. When he stands up, pop him. That is sagebrush country, big time. During the day, find a good high place and take each bush apart with your binos. They will actually have "holes" that they lay in during the day. You may only see 1/2 of an antler, or an ear move. Don't just scan across.....pick it apart. Did I mention that you should carry a GOOD binocular.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

You may find yourself a bit overwhelmed by the size of the country. The above advice is good. If you do a cursory look over, you may wrongfully conclude that there are no deer. That being said, some areas are far better than others. Read all you can about mulies', habitat, and habits. Keep in mind their needs for browse, water, bedding, and protection to narrow your glassing areas down a bit.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Spike

Oh yes I almost forgot, if they are up, you'll probably see their butts first. Yellowish white.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info. I hat to ask but will I be hunting in Grizzly country in these 3 areas?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Spike

Grizzly country? No. Has one ever been there? Sure. Will there ever be one there again? Probably. Would I worry about grizzlies? No.