Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

WY unit 4

Old 07-14-2009, 09:00 AM

Default WY unit 4

My ? is I got drawed for unit 4 for oct. has any one hunted the unit it will be our first time in that unit can any one give info about what kind of public ground or state land, thanks Inbowman,

Last edited by INBOWMAN; 07-14-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Spike

What animal?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:56 AM

Pronghorn goat !!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

Wyoming Game and Fish shows the unit as being 75-100% private with little or no public land access. There are still leftover pronghorn tags available for over the counter purchase. That is common with the units in NE WY that are almost completely private land. If you call Game and Fish and the local Chamber of Commerce and ask for the Landowner List for Unit 4 they will send you a list of local landowners that allow hunting for a trepass fee. You will probably find that they are already full up for the opener but may allow access later in the season. I have hunted private ground in WY in the same way and you will find the trepass fees can vary a lot from one ranch to another. In years past I have been quoted $200 - $500 for 3 days. If you go this route I would be interested in hearing what you are quoted for fees. I am not sure but it may be that the current economy may lower the number of hunters and the demand, which should lower the costs. Good Luck!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:42 AM

Default Unit 4

Originally Posted by RuRu12
Wyoming Game and Fish shows the unit as being 75-100% private with little or no public land access. There are still leftover pronghorn tags available for over the counter purchase. That is common with the units in NE WY that are almost completely private land. If you call Game and Fish and the local Chamber of Commerce and ask for the Landowner List for Unit 4 they will send you a list of local landowners that allow hunting for a trepass fee. You will probably find that they are already full up for the opener but may allow access later in the season. I have hunted private ground in WY in the same way and you will find the trepass fees can vary a lot from one ranch to another. In years past I have been quoted $200 - $500 for 3 days. If you go this route I would be interested in hearing what you are quoted for fees. I am not sure but it may be that the current economy may lower the number of hunters and the demand, which should lower the costs. Good Luck!
Thanks You very much for your help I will keep you posted !!!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

INBOWMAN - sent you a PM
Old 07-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard $50-100/day/person for a trespass fee is common.

May try posting an ad on craigslist too, may get a contact or two that way.