Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Antelope Unit 75!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Wyoming Antelope Unit 75!

Pops and I were both drawn for a antelope buck tag in wyoming, unit 75, which was our first choice.

Anyone hunted this area before?

Suggestions for acquiring access to private land?

Looking to DIY this hunt.

Suppose to be a quality unit, how's moisture been this year? winter? spring?

Old 06-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Spike

Default RE: Wyoming Antelope Unit 75!

I've never hunted it, but I've seen a lot of goats when I've driven thru it.
We have had a very wet spring. It has been drying out the last week or so, but there should be good horn growth.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:12 PM

Glad to see you got drawn. So did we. I remember talking to you about this last year that we should both get drawn for this unit the next year. Did you end up doing the Nebraska turkey hunt? do you know where you plan on basing your camp? good luck.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:38 AM

I hunt 75 quite a bit. Never hunted private land, too much BLM with antelope
Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do any of the towns within the unit have fuel or lodging or any campsites within the unit, seems the only campsites are on either end of the unit? seems like shashoni on the western edge is the only town of any size, or casper which is even further from the unit.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:34 PM

Shoshoni has gas and there is some camping around the lake. Theres a little store called Hiland that does (used to anyway) have gas. That 100 miles between Casper and Shoshoni is desolate to say the least.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Spike

best of luck. you should have a great hunt. have had great weather for horn growth in south east Wyoming. should be the same in central Wyoming. I applied for the same area the last two years and still not got to hunt it. I have been told that the rougher country to the nw holds some studs that don't get alot of pressure. look for the rougher country if a booner is what you want. I have a couple of doe tags for there so will spend a day trying for them if the sheep hunt dont last to long.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Spike

you might try Lysite for a town with gas. Drank there once while ice fishing Boysen but dont recall if there was a gas station.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be a little west of ya in Encampment for mule deer...good luck to you on the speed goats!!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jeepkid
I'll be a little west of ya in Encampment for mule deer...good luck to you on the speed goats!!
Encampment? Isn't that down near Saratoga? If so hunted Saratoga for goats a while back, then went over the pass on the way home after the hunt.

Actually saw a nice mulie while antelope hunting the area, but know those hills hold some big boys, found a big shed too while antelope hunting, should take a pic of it and post it, I rough scored the pair would go 180 adding in a 25" spread or so, only found 1 side however.

Quick Reply: Wyoming Antelope Unit 75!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.