HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   I finally got drawn!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/296260-i-finally-got-drawn.html)

Phil from Maine 06-18-2009 06:35 PM

I finally got drawn!!

I will be hunting Moose up here after applying for over 20 years.. They had the annual drawning of Maine Moose tags and mine had finally got picked..:) Whooo Hoooo I will be hunting the area in which I live in and my tag will be for a bull only. I read on line and was I ever shocked.. I am glad I never gave up applying for one.. I hope to have a nice story and pics to show you all after my hunt. It is for 1 week during the second week of October! I will soon be doing my scounting and putting up my trail cam.. Sorry to carry on like this but it has me quite surprised after all this time..

jarv442 06-18-2009 06:47 PM

RE: I finally got drawn!!

Congrats! I also got a bull tag, area 10-October, after 14 years. Good luck. I'll post pictures of my trophy also.

Phil from Maine 06-18-2009 07:12 PM

Congrats to you as well !!!! I will be hunting in area 19, the same area I have grown up in.. I also hope you have some great luck so we can see some pics..

Edcyclopedia 06-19-2009 03:55 AM

That's great guys!!!

Today is NH Moose lottery (11AM-internet postings will be available) and I've applied AGAIN, much like your story, tick-tock!!!

I hope the best for all of you - GOOD LUCK!

x-mountie 06-19-2009 05:06 AM

Congrats guys !! Best of luck this season.

Antler Eater 06-19-2009 05:39 AM

That is terrific!!!

Congratulations...I can't wait to hear the story of a "hunt of a lifetime"!

Phil from Maine 06-19-2009 04:40 PM

Thanks everyone!!! I can hardly wait as I have waited so long for a permit..

Colorado Bob 06-19-2009 04:51 PM

Conglads on the tag. I've been trying in Colorado for right at 20 years----no luck yet. I drew a bull moose tag in WY a couple years ago----after 8 years of sending in.

Your in for a fun & frustrating hunt. Sometimes they just seem to disappear. Then when the times comes----there he is. Moose meat is the best table fare, IMO. Much better than elk. CB

Windwalker7 06-21-2009 05:34 AM

Great news guys!

So, do you guys have places in mind that you feel you can connect on a bull?

Do you see them often in your areas?

Get those cameras out and get some pics:D

Phil from Maine 06-21-2009 05:42 AM

Thanks Guys and yes we do see them quite often up here. September is the best month to call them here. There is a group of hunters hunting the last week of September and then a group ( including me ) in October heading out. I have scouted some and saw five moose yesterday. Two cows and two bulls and then one that all I got to see was the back end of it as it disappeared. I could only get a pic of one bull though along with a cow it was with. i had first thought they might have been twins that thier mother may have booted off. After looking at the pic and the size different I do not think so anymore. Here is a pic of the cow and bull for you..