Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

I finally got drawn!!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I finally got drawn!!

Now the bull that was with it. he appears to be a quite a bit taller and heavier. Also the base of his neck is much larger and as you know it's not rutting season yet. i will be checking these ones out a little later on..

Old 06-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome Phil!!! Best of luck to ya bud!!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Great picture Phil!!!

I hope ya get one man..

Old 06-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats again Phil!!!!! Good luck... I am sure you will connect on a whopper...

Old 06-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck to you, I live and hunt in Qc Canada, I get a moose lisence every year (Bull or calf) but this year I FINALLY got drawn for the cow tag too. I have applied for many years as well. I have had great luck but a couple of years I have sat in my stand looking and taking pictures of great cows. Last fall was one of those years and I came home empty handed but still had a great week in the bush with friends...

I hope we are all successful!!! Rodney
Old 06-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations, that is a once in a life time chance. What kind of moose are they?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank everyone! I am pumped after waiting all this time for a chance at the hunt I always wanted to do.. Also good luck to you Rodney towards your success as well! I know what you mean by just seeing cows. It happens sometimes here as well. I am hoping to be able to see a bull during my season but as you know there is no guarantee. I did learn that last year they respond better to a cow call during the October hunt. During the September hunt they will respond greatly to the rutting bull call however. With only a two week difference it is hard to understand why the difference but it is there.

Maine moose are some what smaller than the ones in Quebec or Alaska and the likes. A moose here normally tips the scales around 700 to 800 lbs dressed. Although we have had some pass the 1,000 lb mark dressed. For as far as what kind they are i am not real sure on what you mean by that. We just call them moose..
Old 06-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eastern Canadian are the type of moose that are in Maine, Newfoundland. Basically the north eastern part of North America.

Most only recognize;

Shiras (seen in Yellowstone and western US)

Canadian

Alaskan/Yukon

Others seperate Canadian and Eastern Canadian into two different sub species

You guys have got to be excited. Any plans on having your hunt video taped by one of your buddies?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info I was just wandering. Hope you get some more pictures as the summer progresses.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have only applied for 1 nonresident moose tag and that was for New Brunswick last September.. Bull or Cow tag. It was late September. Only a 3 day season, so i guess you can't be too picky. Called this guy in a couple hundred yards across a 3 year old cut. He was raking everything w/ his rack on the way in. He stepped out at about 20 yards... i would have loved to have had my bow w/ me. These are the same size moose as Maine. He field dressed 870lb.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...oseHunt017.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...oseHunt027.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...oseHunt032.jpg

Quick Reply: I finally got drawn!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.