HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Elk non draw states (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/287964-elk-non-draw-states.html)

trevwill 02-28-2009 01:44 PM

Elk non draw states

Who can tell me which states do not require you to draw a tag to hunt bull elk. Land owner tags, outfitter sponsored whatever? Thank you in advance.

RaghornHS 02-28-2009 09:45 PM

RE: Elk non draw states

A quick review of each states regs will tell you everything you need to know.

B&C Wanna B 03-01-2009 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: RaghornHS

I think the purpose of this post was to get that information from those of us who know instead of finding each states regulations and then wondering if you missed one. I applaud Trevwill for having the smarts to ask in one place before potentially wasting his time on a adventure across all the state websites.

I can start the list with teh two states that i know sell Over The Counter Tags:

Colorado
Idaho

blackiceslayer 03-01-2009 08:29 AM

i know idaho for sure does for a bow tag pretty sure B&C is right about colorado too

beech18 03-01-2009 09:16 AM

To add to the list. New Mexico (landowner tags)and Montana (outfitter sponsored)

RaghornHS 03-01-2009 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: B&C Wanna B

ORIGINAL: RaghornHS

I think the purpose of this post was to get that information from those of us who know instead of finding each states regulations and then wondering if you missed one. I applaud Trevwill for having the smarts to ask in one place before potentially wasting his time on a adventure across all the state websites.

I can start the list with teh two states that i know sell Over The Counter Tags:

Colorado
Idaho
I wholly agree with you...but this is a booking agent...don't you think they ought to have that information?

beech18 03-01-2009 11:20 AM

Give the booking agent a break. Im sure hes just trying to make a living just like the rest of us. Mabey hes looking into expanding the hunting oppertunities he can offer withinhis agency?You offer professional services yourselftowards hunting, do you ever have any questions?

RaghornHS 03-01-2009 11:34 AM

Point well taken, Beech...Really though, I'm not bagging on the guy...I guess I wasjust a bit surprised at the question. Maybe I'm being a bit snarky because I have spent countless hours going over state regulations because I owe it to my clients to know them...that is, afterall what they hire me for!!

Anyway...apologies if I came of as a horse's [rear end]

trevwill 03-02-2009 02:24 AM

So boys we come up with 4 states? Well done, thank you, and it just goes to show what a valuable resource this web site is and I shall continue to use it as I have for the last 6 years no hard feelings RaghornHS. Cheers from Australia boys.

RaghornHS 03-02-2009 06:09 AM

There are more OTC tags than what has been mentioned. To the best of my knowledge there are general season OTC tags available inUtah, Montana, Idaho, Washington, North Dakota (antelope, archery only) and Oregon.

Please send all royalties to my attention :D