Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk non draw states

Old 02-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Spike

Default Elk non draw states

Who can tell me which states do not require you to draw a tag to hunt bull elk. Land owner tags, outfitter sponsored whatever? Thank you in advance.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Elk non draw states

A quick review of each states regs will tell you everything you need to know.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RaghornHS

I think the purpose of this post was to get that information from those of us who know instead of finding each states regulations and then wondering if you missed one. I applaud Trevwill for having the smarts to ask in one place before potentially wasting his time on a adventure across all the state websites.

I can start the list with teh two states that i know sell Over The Counter Tags:

Colorado
Idaho
Old 03-01-2009, 08:29 AM

i know idaho for sure does for a bow tag pretty sure B&C is right about colorado too
Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

To add to the list. New Mexico (landowner tags)and Montana (outfitter sponsored)
Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: B&C Wanna B

ORIGINAL: RaghornHS

I think the purpose of this post was to get that information from those of us who know instead of finding each states regulations and then wondering if you missed one. I applaud Trevwill for having the smarts to ask in one place before potentially wasting his time on a adventure across all the state websites.

I can start the list with teh two states that i know sell Over The Counter Tags:

Colorado
Idaho
I wholly agree with you...but this is a booking agent...don't you think they ought to have that information?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Give the booking agent a break. Im sure hes just trying to make a living just like the rest of us. Mabey hes looking into expanding the hunting oppertunities he can offer withinhis agency?You offer professional services yourselftowards hunting, do you ever have any questions?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Point well taken, Beech...Really though, I'm not bagging on the guy...I guess I wasjust a bit surprised at the question. Maybe I'm being a bit snarky because I have spent countless hours going over state regulations because I owe it to my clients to know them...that is, afterall what they hire me for!!

Anyway...apologies if I came of as a horse's [rear end]
Old 03-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Spike

So boys we come up with 4 states? Well done, thank you, and it just goes to show what a valuable resource this web site is and I shall continue to use it as I have for the last 6 years no hard feelings RaghornHS. Cheers from Australia boys.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

There are more OTC tags than what has been mentioned. To the best of my knowledge there are general season OTC tags available inUtah, Montana, Idaho, Washington, North Dakota (antelope, archery only) and Oregon.

Please send all royalties to my attention

Quick Reply: Elk non draw states

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.