Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Moose hunt ?

Old 02-08-2009, 09:47 AM

Default RE: Moose hunt ?

UTAH has landowner permits for Moose
You could check this out but these hunts will cost you. Some of these ranches have real nice lodges and are guided.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maine is hard to get a lottery draw but some get lucky at the first chance.. I am just not lucky at all.[:@]

Maine also has a bidding program where the highest bidder can getone of a fewmoose tags.. It is out of my reach though.. Though the highest bidder will get to hunt for one! I am not sure but I think there is six tags in all.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Alaska, or Canada....

If looking in the states, drawing a ID moose tag is about your best chance....I think 1 in 8 chance....so for both of you ....2 in 8....not bad odds there. They have no pts for moose in ID, and require you to buy a license...hence the better odds.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Spike

Thanks guys. Guess I'll save some extra money and get in two draw in the lower forty eight and if not drawn, we'll go to alaska or canada. I really want her to get a chance at one. My dream hunt is for red stag or elk. I'll wait for mine though since those are cheaper.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just tried to PM you, to no avail...

I have some input if you want to PM me....
Old 02-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not inside the US border but it does have excellent success rates. "NEWFOUNDLAND"

I went in 2005. I will admit that the moose of Newfoundland usually don't carry the huge racks that other places do, but the chances of getting one are about 90%+

I went with this outfitter

http://www.biggameoutfitting.com/about_us.html
Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike

Thanks I'll check them out. PYGMY - Pm'd with my email.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Spike

I was in Newfoundland back in October. Seen a lot of moose. Even a good chance for trophy. Most what I saw was 36" to 40". Price is real reasonable. Only advice-if possible-DRIVE there. I flew, ran into snags on connecting flights up, then, just trying to make sure all the meat makes it home on the way back. Here'swho I went with:
Mountain Top Outfitters / Art Ryan 709-955-2804. Website is; mountaintopoutfitters.ca. If you contact them, tell them Mike from Indiana/USA referred them. Good Luck!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Spike

Alaska is the place for you. If you work it right you can get into some really remote areas by air, and the price is reasonable.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

Try www.aircochrane.comthis is a company i do a little work for they have some great fly in moose hunts. Maybe i could be your guide and camera man (at the camp) lol! Just kidding but check it out!

Quick Reply: Moose hunt ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.