Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Really on the fence .270 or .300 for Elk >

Really on the fence .270 or .300 for Elk

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Really on the fence .270 or .300 for Elk

Old 01-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Really on the fence .270 or .300 for Elk

Oh mr lucky dog...U and others here need to read and learn to comprehend whatU read!!! I said SOME>>SOME not all magnum shooters!! and I alsosaid out there, I did not even say on these boards!!!!! like I said I must have struck a nerve with U LOL!!!!!!! I insulted no one here!!! U and U're thin skin sure jumped on it fast tho!!!!!!! if i say some men beat their wives and are the scum of the earth does that mean all men beat their wives??? I'm sorry butI just don't think I can make it any planner to U or in any smaller words that U might understand, I did not say ALL I said SOME ...U were the one to get all wound up over it!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: finnbear

I know that there are some out there that DO rely on the extra little ummpf that they get from the magnum,s to make up for their short comings as shooters!!!

I know that there are some out there that possess incredlble shooting skills, and rely on the magnums extra power and flatness to take game at ranges that the .270 would not be effective.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: pats102862

I know that there are some out there that DO rely on the extra little ummpf that they get from the magnum,s to make up for their short comings as shooters!!!

I know that there are some out there that possess incredlble shooting skills, and rely on the magnums extra power and flatness to take game at ranges that the .270 would not be effective.

I rest my case!!!! SOME...NOT ALL!!!!!!! not everyone has the same shooting ability!!!! I say again, I did not say all that shoot magnums are bad shots...I did not say anyone on these boards that shoots a magnum was a bad shot!!! but some with thin skin DID jump to that conclusion!!!! I know many people that shoot magnums and they are excellent shots and ethical hunters!!!! I have a friend or two that have really big magnums...butI know that they are secure in themselves enough to know that I was notreferring to them nor belittling their shooting ability!!!! some folks just need to learn how to read!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Who cares? Point being.Shot amagnum tomake up for any short cummings in shooting on elk doesntjustify a magnum. If anything it makes it worse as many peoplewillflinch at the recoil of a magnum. Magnum or not, not getting the bullet into the vitals the elk is going to run a very long ways. Period.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here it is again!!!! LOL!!!!!!! Folks seem to think U need a magnum for elk....what a crock!!!!!!! shooter1966, the .270 has killed 10's of thoushands of elk and quite handily at that!!! folks on here keep up with the words bullet placement and range!!! well I would hope that, that would go with out saying!!LOL!!!! BUT I know that there are some out there that DO rely on the extra little ummpf that they get from the magnum,s to make up for their short comings as shooters!!! bigger is not allways better!!! keep U're .270 and go kill an elk!!!!!
You started off with...Here it is again!!!! LOL!!!!!!! Folks seem to think U need a magnum for elk....what a crock!!!!!!! Where's the "some" in that?

You ended up with.....BUT I know that there are some out there that DO rely on the extra little ummpf that they get from the magnum,s to make up for their short comings as shooters!!!

Both times you use multiple exclamation points like it was a huge deal. If your gonna write something, stick with it, don't try and sugar coat it later. It was very clear what you meant in your post. And again I'll say, if you can't see the insults to magnum shooters in your post, then your dumber than a box of rocks.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

I didn't try to sugar coat it ...I just tried to use little words U might understand!! since it is obvious that u have trouble reading and then comprehending what U read!!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

......a big box of rocks!