Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 What is your dream hunt, one animal, one place? >

What is your dream hunt, one animal, one place?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

What is your dream hunt, one animal, one place?

Old 04-18-2003, 09:29 PM

Default RE: What is your dream hunt, one animal, one place?

A royal bull elk screaming at me with fire in his eyes from about 10 yards away as my carbon arrow is exiting the boiler room on the opposite side!!!
Old 04-20-2003, 06:58 PM

grizzley or polar bear
Old 04-27-2003, 07:44 AM

Cape Buffalo in Tanzania with a pistol.[>:]
Old 04-27-2003, 08:02 AM

Boards are a little slow so I' m wondering around a bit reading in forums I don' t ordinarily visit. Clicked into the " Youth Hunting" just to see where their head' s at -- lots of juvenille stuff (and thats okay) AND this same thread....

" What Is Your Dream Hunt?"

4 of 5 are saying big/dangerous game in Africa.
1- of 5 are saying big/dangerous game in Alaska.

The balance are much more modest, usually elk, Canadian deer, black bear, etc.

It is interesting what happens to the DREAMS of the young as they mature in America....
" Do the dreams become less worthy?" OR
" Are they conditioned to give it up?" OR
" Something else?"

Just an observation and a pondering.

Never Go Undergunned,
EKM
Old 04-16-2004, 05:29 PM
RPL

I'm actually going to do one of my dream hunts in 05. I booked a pack in elk and mule deer hunt in a wilderness area of Montana with a group of friends.
Another hunt I've always wanted to to, is a do it yourself moose and caribou hunt in the Brooks Range of Alaska. Dall sheep would be just too expensive, unless I win the lottery.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

I guess I'm a very lucky man. Stalking elk is what hunting is all about to me. Beautiful mountains and a such a beautiful and majestic animal. I get to live my dream hunt every year. Something about trying to get a monster bull in an OTC tag area. With all the odds out there this to me has to be the best full filling hunt I could do. All the other hunts across the states have not stacked up against taking big bulls in areas they are not supposed to regularly appear in. Elk don't know where the trophy unit boundries end. lmao
Old 04-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

EKM---You're right! Check out www.bowsite.com it has a lot of things to digest there, once in a while we need a break!! Besides Africa.

Cherokee--- Sounds like you need a new challenge!! Ever try bowhunting those awesome bulls on their turf? Your skills against theirs. What a rush!! I've followed some of your responses, you'd do great! ElkNut1
Old 04-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right now ,my "Dream Hunt" would be one last hunt with my father for moose in northern BC. He is 75 now, I am 52. There might not be many hunts left for Dad as he broke a leg last fall and has a bit of trouble getting around. He is also 2500 miles away too. Just to be in the field one more time with my Father would be good enough for me! THAT is a dream hunt to me.

Ron
Old 04-17-2004, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks elknut,

What season I get to hunt is usually dictated by clients. I do bowhunt alot in fact this year is already shapin up for me to get a chance to go at the bulls with a bow again. My year looks like this so far elk with bow, mulie muzzleloader tag, and limited bear tag with rifle but if the bear shows up while i'm elk hunting I'll stick it. lol. I love elk hunting its the first thing that comes to mind when I think of hunting. Believe it or not bustin coyotes is my second favorite thing to hunt. My outfitter buddy and I go out callin them and alot of times use our bows. Bowhunting adds alot of depth to a hunt. One on one skills with the animals has to be the most challenging of all hunts.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:48 AM

rbduck,
I am close to my dad as well, and I hope you get that last hunt in with him. Even if it's busting a couple of Mallards or some squirrels, I hope you get it done. I am only 21 and my dad 48, but I know that every time we even go shooting together I enjoy it because I know that someday our time to blast away will begin to dwindle as well.

As for my dream hunt, that would have to be......ALL OF THEM! Everything that everyone has said sounds appealing. If I had to pick one though, it would probably be Coastal Grizzly in Alaska with a bow. Of course, EKM would be my guide and would chase him into the bush with that .416 .

Quick Reply: What is your dream hunt, one animal, one place?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.