Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

Quebec is doing NOTHING to help our fellow hunters- go to www.bowsite.com and the caribou section

I hunted with Tuttulik last year, 2007 - I had some issues with how they did things and I saw not a single 'bou but what they did and especially how they did it ?

Did ya'll know that in June I believe it was they asked all hunters in the 2008/2009/2010 seasons to pony up another few hundred dollars because of fuel costs? And everyone did - and then they got gigged 2-3 months later ........ they're Indian/Native influenced/owned and as far as I'm concerned F. QUEBEC - I'll never spend another dime/dollar there for what they did and haven't done and if everyone else would maybe they'd wake up a bit.

Plenty of US states to go to and spend our money HERE

not knocking any thing ,only things i heard over years.

i remember dad going up there in fishing season for trout.

the outfitter said,SPROUL SR,BOY THEY ARE NICE FISH.

dad said,WE USE THOSE SIZE FISH FOR BAIT.

the trout were smaller than in pa.

i have friends that went there for bear hunt, 1 member slipped the outfitter 200 bucks, guess who got the black bear.

this is why i would spend money here in usa on hunt,mexico/canada are not first place i would go.

i deleted your bad word........
Old 11-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

ORIGINAL: mustad

Roughly 20% of the caribou outfitters have declared bankruptcy this year. If you plan on coming to Quebec, you need to be very careful who you go with. I think gas prices will help those that are still in business, as will the increase in the value of the US dollar. This year has been a bloodbath in the caribou outfitting business for sure.

If you plan on going elsewhere, rule out New Foundland. Their herd is getting crushed by the yotes. There might not even be a caribou season in New Foundland next year.
an easy fix for New Foundland would be to offer their citizens (or anyone for that matter) $10.00 a hide for yote hides. this would give people an incentive to shoot them and be alot cheaper than many other options of population control.
The government likes the yotes to limit the Moose population, but hates it for limiting the caribou... I heard a stat that in 95% of the yotes killed, they are finding either moose or caribou in the stomach. It's absolute carnage...
Old 11-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

ORIGINAL: mustad

Roughly 20% of the caribou outfitters have declared bankruptcy this year. If you plan on coming to Quebec, you need to be very careful who you go with. I think gas prices will help those that are still in business, as will the increase in the value of the US dollar. This year has been a bloodbath in the caribou outfitting business for sure.

If you plan on going elsewhere, rule out New Foundland. Their herd is getting crushed by the yotes. There might not even be a caribou season in New Foundland next year.
an easy fix for New Foundland would be to offer their citizens (or anyone for that matter) $10.00 a hide for yote hides. this would give people an incentive to shoot them and be alot cheaper than many other options of population control.
No way for that to work. until recently there weren't any yotes on the island. I have been there and 99% of it is pure wilderness without any people. To think you would be able to eliminate or even reduce the yote population is a joke. Yotes are oportunists and as long as there is food they will keep spreading and get even more numerous.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Boycott the whole province because of one outfitter? Why not boycott the whole country. Ridiculous suggestion NJDiverDan, absolutely rediulous.

FWIW, this isn't really new news. This has been discussed on several threads on the bowsite. Read away here:
http://forums.bowsite.com/biggame/section.cfm?gameid=10

Ken
Old 11-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks FARNORTH I am a Quebecker and I am a hunter and glad to see someone that thinks like me, Bad outfitter does not mean bad province or Country. Rodney.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:35 AM

Got back yesterday, trip of a lifetime! Stayed at Mirage and everything was excellent. Just a heads up that new ownership (american)has jacked up prices on everything, from gas, butchering, rates up 60% next year. Saw 5,000-10,000 animals per day. Lots of bulls had shed but good ones for patient hunters. Everyone at camp tagged out. When we left the caribou were crossing the main road from 380km down to 200km. Found lots of great little spots to get away from roads and all the hunters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGS9MvqaUwc

Old 11-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Far North!
Here in British Columbia many of the Outfits are Foreign (including American) owned.Blaming Quebec and threatening a Boycottingdue to one poor business, is both unfair and wrong.
Besides it looks like Campbery did indeed have the trip of a lifetime.
I'm sorry you lost out on your trip. I hope that some day you are able to get another opportunity to chase that dream. Maybe e-mail Campberry for some ideas.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: larry937

Call you credit card company. I had the same thing happen to me with a golftrip and Chasegave me my money back.

ban golfing for the same reason! come on everyone letsunite against them all
Old 11-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am a Canadian,and I will not spend my money in Quebec,and it has nothing to do with a bad outfitter.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:31 AM

Dobber et al who think trying to get some bad outfitting practices changed to help other hunters...

I and the rest of the 200+ hunters screwed in this are not trying to make the outfitters go bankrupt, but to make them change their practices. Jack Hume is already looking to get the deposits bonded for the protection of the hunters. That is good change as a result of hunters voices being heard. Typically, Quebec caribou outfitters required payment in full before the hunt, no credit card payments either. The hunters had no recourse if something happened. Hopefully, if some hunters decided to not spend their hard earned money in Quebec for a year or two, the Outfitters will start to implement changes like Jack Hume is trying to do.

-dan

Quick Reply: DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.