Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

Old 11-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

What I want them to do isexert pressureonthe Inuits to pay the money back or else never let them "reorganize" and come out as a new company. Not saying let the taxpayers foot the bill but the Inuits. What will probably happen is that they will "emerg" as a "new" "smarter(LOL)" entity and open for business again with little or no consequences.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: txhunter58

What I want them to do isexert pressureonthe Inuits to pay the money back or else never let them "reorganize" and come out as a new company. Not saying let the taxpayers foot the bill but the Inuits. What will probably happen is that they will "emerg" as a "new" "smarter(LOL)" entity and open for business again with little or no consequences.

Well unfortunatly unless the bankruptcy laws are rewritten, that ain't gonna happen!!! the hunters will be so far down the list of creditors that they will get little if any money......and they can't make the tribe do any thing that they would or could not force any other corporation to do!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:09 PM

That would make sense if there was actully a bankruptcy filed. No such action has happened. The Outfitter just closed it's doors and kept the money as of this point. Along with the 168 hunters this year, there are around 150 who had $1250 deposits down for 2009.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NJDiverDan

That would make sense if there was actully a bankruptcy filed. No such action has happened. The Outfitter just closed it's doors and kept the money as of this point. Along with the 168 hunters this year, there are around 150 who had $1250 deposits down for 2009.

This is close to 1 mill.USD
For me...if no one knows what happened,or where the people are that took the money,and nothing has happened yet, then I would call it theft, and I would boycott the enrite industry in that area...gee whiz...how about some criminal action. This just looks more like fraud to me, if the company went belly up and there was money left in the til then those hunters should have gotten a small portion of their money back in good faith.
When people start doing the dissapearing act...then there has to be some fraudulent activity involved...
Man for that kind of money...someone just may be looking down the barrell of a 12ga.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Banned

Quebec is doing NOTHING to help our fellow hunters- go to www.bowsite.com and the caribou section

I hunted with Tuttulik last year, 2007 - I had some issues with how they did things and I saw not a single 'bou but what they did and especially how they did it ?

Did ya'll know that in June I believe it was they asked all hunters in the 2008/2009/2010 seasons to pony up another few hundred dollars because of fuel costs? And everyone did - and then they got gigged 2-3 months later ........ they're Indian/Native influenced/owned and as far as I'm concerned **** QUEBEC - I'll never spend another dime/dollar there for what they did and haven't done and if everyone else would maybe they'd wake up a bit.

Plenty of US states to go to and spend our money HERE
Old 11-21-2008, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'd hit every hunting forum i could find and spread the word. sorry for your loss, hearing stuff like this kinda makes me glad i can not afford to use outfitters.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:21 AM

i agree that a boycot is a suitable response until the government forces a change. or we can all just discuss it and nothing will happen. your choice!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

Roughly 20% of the caribou outfitters have declared bankruptcy this year. If you plan on coming to Quebec, you need to be very careful who you go with. I think gas prices will help those that are still in business, as will the increase in the value of the US dollar. This year has been a bloodbath in the caribou outfitting business for sure.

If you plan on going elsewhere, rule out New Foundland. Their herd is getting crushed by the yotes. There might not even be a caribou season in New Foundland next year.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mustad

Roughly 20% of the caribou outfitters have declared bankruptcy this year. If you plan on coming to Quebec, you need to be very careful who you go with. I think gas prices will help those that are still in business, as will the increase in the value of the US dollar. This year has been a bloodbath in the caribou outfitting business for sure.

If you plan on going elsewhere, rule out New Foundland. Their herd is getting crushed by the yotes. There might not even be a caribou season in New Foundland next year.
an easy fix for New Foundland would be to offer their citizens (or anyone for that matter) $10.00 a hide for yote hides. this would give people an incentive to shoot them and be alot cheaper than many other options of population control.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

i would NEVER pay a full amount for anything unless i got it.

i understand that hunters could back out and your stuck, but no way i am going to let this happen.

i wont go if i have to pay ahead, no way .thats letting you hold bag.

look at people ripped off on E-BAY,yes, e-bay does cover it to a point but you are sending money ..

i deal in credit card and i ask the card company NOT to pay the persoin until i get my item off e-bay.

1 time a person tried to take ole sproul on e-bay, i called credit card company and said,DONT PAY THIS LOW LIFE.

Quick Reply: DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.