Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What an idiot!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:55 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Default What an idiot!

From time to time I've read stories about hunters who've shown up in camp with a new rifle and scope. When asked by the guide if the weapon is sighted in, the hunter replies, "Sure. I screwed the scope on this morning." Well, the latest issue of Bugle (elk magazine) has this topper:[/align][/align]"I once packed in a client for a hunt and realized halfway to camp that the man did not have a rifle in his scabbard. 'It's in the duffel,' the hunter assured him. It was. Still unassembled, in four pieces: scope, barrel, action, and stock. Never been fired and shipping tags still attached. We had to put it together with a Leatherman, whittle on the stock to get it to fit, and then bore sight it on the cook-tent table. The ill-prepared hunter then produced four boxes of ammo: 30.06s, 300s, 338s, and 270s. 'Which shells does my rifle take?' he asked." [/align][/align]Question: How does someone so stupid ever graduate from grade school?[/align]
Old 11-10-2008, 11:43 AM

Default RE: What an idiot!

WOW, that is seriously scary as hell!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:33 PM

Wow! That person probably voted for Obama...
Old 11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

geeze... at least they had several types of ammo to try and see what shot best......
-Jake
Old 11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

scary to think that hepassed a hunters safety test!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

I can't imagine I'd ever be an outfitter, but if I were I think I'd require everyone to show a minimal level of proficiency before even heading for the trail head. Be nice to know what effective ranges the clients could shoot competently.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Dominant Buck

hard to believe anyone could be that stupid. I guess those are the types that like canned hunts.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Folks like that have probably seen too many cop shows where the hired assassin pulls the pieces of his rifle out of a suitcase and assembles it and then slides on the scope just before wacking somebody at 300 yards.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: wyomingtrapper

I can't imagine I'd ever be an outfitter, but if I were I think I'd require everyone to show a minimal level of proficiency before even heading for the trail head. Be nice to know what effective ranges the clients could shoot competently.
It would be easy to tell this guys effective range. Somewhere right around knife distance!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

That's when you know someone has more money then brains...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.