Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What an idiot!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DM
Heck, that's the way i always go to camp! My gun is apart, many times in a duffle bag...Besides having it tore apart, ihave two scopes and three kinds of ammo in there...

What's wrong with that???

DM

aint anything wrong with your set-up...looks like ya prolly dont have the 1 gun, prolly that case carries others or those are your bak up bullets in there....i think they are sayin he didnt even kno what cal the gun he had with him shot!

on another note...the guide should have immediately turned the posse around and headed fer the range to see the guys capabilities....you can shoot or ya cant shoot....if he could shoot thats great get out there and hunt...if he cant shoot i.e poor safety skills, flinching..etc...maybe its time he get a lil 101 with his $1000-!0,000 hunt! not everyone has been brought up hunters, so for him to go out and buy a gun and supplies needed fer huntin (from my experience it aint EVER been cheap) and to pay a guide to help him along is great. i dont think he should quit , jus keep tryin.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salty444
yea along with 75% of the rest of the population
So you think obammy got 75% of the electoral vote, huh? Uh youre off a tad. Try 53%

On another note, how does someone actually go through the process of buying a rifle, and not actually know what its chambered in? comon, it says it right on the barrel, hang tag, box,receipt etc... I think this story is probably a bit exaggerated but I have heard some dumb comments in the gun section at gander Mt . Like some one else pointed out , I blame hollywood. (for everything)
Old 10-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
So you think obammy got 75% of the electoral vote, huh? Uh youre off a tad. Try 53%

On another note, how does someone actually go through the process of buying a rifle, and not actually know what its chambered in? comon, it says it right on the barrel, hang tag, box,receipt etc... I think this story is probably a bit exaggerated but I have heard some dumb comments in the gun section at gander Mt . Like some one else pointed out , I blame hollywood. (for everything)

this is because dumasses such as myself did not get off their lazy A$$ES and go vote...i do apologize and will never miss a vote ever again!!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haha almost a year this post had been dead. WCL
Old 10-25-2009, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

I read a book once by Peter Capstick, who was a PH in Africa. He had a section on under rated killers, and the client got a mention there!
Old 10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Spike

'Which shells does my rifle take?'

that made me cringe
Old 10-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Spike

Default Thats thinking!

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
geeze... at least they had several types of ammo to try and see what shot best......
-Jake
what the heck, i'll get one of each...
Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Spike

Default Take a Kid Hunting!

Originally Posted by BTM
From time to time I've read stories about hunters who've shown up in camp with a new rifle and scope. When asked by the guide if the weapon is sighted in, the hunter replies, "Sure. I screwed the scope on this morning." Well, the latest issue of Bugle (elk magazine) has this topper:[/align][/align]"I once packed in a client for a hunt and realized halfway to camp that the man did not have a rifle in his scabbard. 'It's in the duffel,' the hunter assured him. It was. Still unassembled, in four pieces: scope, barrel, action, and stock. Never been fired and shipping tags still attached. We had to put it together with a Leatherman, whittle on the stock to get it to fit, and then bore sight it on the cook-tent table. The ill-prepared hunter then produced four boxes of ammo: 30.06s, 300s, 338s, and 270s. 'Which shells does my rifle take?' he asked." [/align][/align]Question: How does someone so stupid ever graduate from grade school?[/align]

Sad, Sad thing there.
That dude was no doubt, Fatherless.
At least he hired a guide!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Spike

I Guided in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area for a few years and as much as everyone thought it was the best job on earth it wasn't. Every other trip seemed to be like the one mentioned. It was just a glorified baby sitting job with one exception: You were 200 miles from civilization with these folks for at least 5 days.

While I would make the same decisions if I could do it all over again, it certainly taught me there can be a side to being in nature that isn't as enjoyable.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by lnester
Wow! That person probably voted for Obama...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.