Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS >

DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

Old 03-03-2009, 07:35 AM

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

I have never gone on a guided hunt before; this May will be my first. I am going on an Axis buck hunt and have literaly done 2 months of research on all of the different outfitters. I have learned that there are allot of dishonest outfitters out there, advertise one thing and tell you another as to whether it is the price of the hunt, average size of trophy, quality of facilities or the conduct of the hunt. It would seem that too many outfitters are only concerned with the money that can be made instead of the enjoyable memories that can be made. I have found that the best research for hunts is forums like these and word of mouth.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don'tcome here orpost much anymore as I am a full time student in school and working full time as well. Anyway I was taking a break when I came accross this post. And Ijust couldn't let this one alone. First of all I want tosay good for you Huntingson! Its not always easy to be the bad guy and tell the truth but it needs to be said and done.And now a question for sage mountain outfitters. Howstupid do you think people are? Sure you have good and bad hunts but the extended circumstancessurrounding this hunt are inexcusable. Then to makematters worse you trycover everything up and put the blame on huntingson saying he's unethical. And thenewbies stories didn't help you out any at all in fact all it did was offer proof that were were trying to cover your own butt. Another question did you once ever say you were sorry for the way their hunt turned out and offer another hunt at a discounted rate?This whole mess could have been prevented, but instead you made matters worse.One last food for though I hope you do go out of businessso someonewho is honest and true will take your place. Just my2 cents

P.S. I too will not be recomeneding you to anyone, in fact if the subject comes up I will be sure to mention I know of a outfitter to not go with.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

That response sorta sums the whole thread up very well!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 PM

Well i am pretty sick of this thread and getting bashed but I will elude to that later! I go by the handle of elkcaller and it just so happens that Cal Stucky is my best friend, I know means absolutly zero to you guys, but I know that Cal is the best archery elk hunter in the western united states! I have sat here andread all the bs there is about this topic. I know that Cal is not happy about the hunt that Huntingson had but he is not a bad outfitter or a bad person. As I have guided for Cal may times and have been with Sage Moutain Outfitters since its inception, I encourage anyone wanting a true archery hunting adventure with the best possilbe outcome to book with Sage Moutain. Cal has upgraded the web site (due to this controversy) to include over 25 references just from the past year (8 out of 10 repeats to the Cobb). He has made it an open book to contact these hunters and get their personal insite into a hunt with Sage Mountain. If you have any questions pleasedo contactCal atSageMoutainOutfitters.com and check out the references section and please get in contact with 2008 clients and see what they REALLY have to say. I regret that Cal has prepared a statement that I left on my work computer to add here but if you really want a great hunt please do the proper research. I am being true and honest here and if that is not enough ( even though this is my first post here) I appologize. If you are going to start the bashing as was done with a few other people that I know who have tried to post on this web site then >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>> I am sorry you dont get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ELKCALLER
Old 04-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know that Cal is not happy about the hunt that Huntingson had but he is not a bad outfitter or a bad person.
Then what is he doing to make things right with Huntingson?If he is a good person,and a good outfitter,that should be a priority for him.Anyone can make a mistake,but it's how that person reacts after making that mistake that defines what kind of a person he is.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

I know that Cal is not happy about the hunt that Huntingson had but he is not a bad outfitter or a bad person.
Then what is he doing to make things right with Huntingson?If he is a good person,and a good outfitter,that should be a priority for him.Anyone can make a mistake,but it's how that person reacts after making that mistake that defines what kind of a person he is.
X2
Wouldn't that make a great end to this thread. "Sage Mountain Makes Things Right". That would say a lot about your best friend Cal. Right now, words mean nothing. However, action on Cal's part, would have everyone's attention.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

This single sentence pretty much sums up this entire threard.PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: Wolf killer

ORIGINAL: olderandwise
I believe to a degree of essential certainty that the reason for Mr. Antila telling my son not to shoot had nothing to do with ethics; I believe that he did not want an out of state under-30 year old shooting a bull bigger than he had ever taken, and he wanted that bull to stay alive.

IMHO The guide was trying to save that bull so someone with deeper pockets could shoot it on camera for a T.V. show?????????
Old 04-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Set aside everything else and all points. If a outfitter now would take action to make things right as in this case. Wouldnt mean nothing to me now. Look at how much badhad to be said in order foraction to be taken? That is still a big IF. Yet, if he was a good outfitter, it wouldnt take 8 long pages on a thread of this web siteto get him to make things right. Would it???? I would think it would be automatic to make things right off the batwith your clientif he was a good outfitter. Correct?

Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Set aside everything else and all points. If a outfitter now would take action to make things right as in this case. Wouldnt mean nothing to me now. Look at how much badhad to be said in order foraction to be taken? That is still a big IF. Yet, if he was a good outfitter, it wouldnt take 8 long pages on a thread of this web siteto get him to make things right. Would it???? I would think it would be automatic to make things right off the batwith your clientif he was a good outfitter. Correct?
It would have meant much more if the outfitter had immediately taken action to make things right.He could have admitted that he was wrong,apologized,and made things right by refunding the cost of the hunt and all expenses associated with that hunt,and he would have looked like a great outfitter,and a great person.
Of course if he did that now,it would not have the same effect,but it would still lessen the damage to his reputation to some extent.
The fact that the outfitter has done nothing to make things right,says a great deal about him as an outfitter and as a person.
I for one would not hunt with this outfitter even if he had 50 references that gave him great reviews.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like cal has had another person join just to try and savage what little reputation he has left.

ORIGINAL: just mt

Well i am pretty sick of this thread and getting bashed but I will elude to that later! I go by the handle of elkcaller and it just so happens that Cal Stucky is my best friend, I know means absolutly zero to you guys, but I know that Cal is the best archery elk hunter in the western united states! I have sat here andread all the bs there is about this topic. I know that Cal is not happy about the hunt that Huntingson had but he is not a bad outfitter or a bad person. As I have guided for Cal may times and have been with Sage Moutain Outfitters since its inception, I encourage anyone wanting a true archery hunting adventure with the best possilbe outcome to book with Sage Moutain. Cal has upgraded the web site (due to this controversy) to include over 25 references just from the past year (8 out of 10 repeats to the Cobb). He has made it an open book to contact these hunters and get their personal insite into a hunt with Sage Mountain. If you have any questions pleasedo contactCal atSageMoutainOutfitters.com and check out the references section and please get in contact with 2008 clients and see what they REALLY have to say. I regret that Cal has prepared a statement that I left on my work computer to add here but if you really want a great hunt please do the proper research. I am being true and honest here and if that is not enough ( even though this is my first post here) I appologize. If you are going to start the bashing as was done with a few other people that I know who have tried to post on this web site then >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>> I am sorry you dont get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ELKCALLER

Quick Reply: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.