Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS >

DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

ORIGINAL: greekarcher
First of all, i'm truely sorry to hear about your trip.

But, I just hunted with sage mountain this fall on a bowhunt for elk and it was amazing!
I am glad that you had a great trip, I wish you nothing but continued success, and I thank you for your input. It is good for people to get various views and experiences. That is what this is all about.

People looking into this outfitter, or any outfitter for that matter, should get the whole story. The good and the bad. Then they can weigh their options and make a better, more informed decision.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:16 PM

oh... so now an elk is a 35 yard whitetail.

I hope your next elk is a 400 class and you double lung it with a 60 yarder.

good luck!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

oh... so now an elk is a 35 yard whitetail.

I hope your next elk is a 400 class and you double lung it with a 60 yarder.

good luck!
Now you are justbeing childish, which, quite frankly, does not surprise me in the least. I believe that either you have a serious problem with reading comprehension, or you are just trying to get under my skin, which is not going to happen. At least it shows everyone on this forum what you are truly about.

Iknow that anyone who really takes the time to read through this thread will notice that the only issue that you, and the others who have backed Cal Stucky and Sage Mountain Outfitters, want to discuss is thedistance of the shot.Irregardless of your stance on that issue, the issues of terrible communication both within the organization and tothe clients, the terrible conditions of the camp, the unprofessionalism of thestaff andCal have never even been addressed.

Also, since you obviously couldn't understand what I was saying,a large whitetail would weight arond 250 pounds. A large bull elk would weigh around 700 pounds. Thus, a bull elk is well over twice the size (actually 2.8 times the size)of a whitetail. So, yes, a 45 yard shot a large bull elk is similar in difficulty to a 35 yard shot at a whitetail. If you can't accept that, then you are truly not allowing facts to get in the way of your opinion.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gee Huntingson, your thread seems to pull new members right out of the woodwork.

Seems kinda strange that they defend this outfitter.

Of all the debates that get stirred up on this forum, it is rare to see new members just pop up and defend their opinion on the topic. Yet on this thread, they just pop up everywhere.

I wasn't born yesterday and I agree with others that these newbees seem a little suspicious.

I won't be hunting with Sage Mountain and I did send a link of this thread to a buddy that was considering a hunt there. Needless to say, he won't be going there either.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure who to belive...Huntingson, a long time member or some brand new guys that just joined because of one particular post and situation? HMMMM. I think I'll just go with Huntingson! I'm not a smart man but I ain't no dumbass either!If I ever do a guided hunt, it won't be with Sage Mountain Outfitters!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Spike

There is something to be siad about a good guide, when you find one stick with him..... Sage will not be on my list!! Thanks for the warning.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:13 PM

Yes, I'm defending an outfitter. If they're good people and deliver a great memorable experience....why not?

But let's face it damage was already done with the first post. DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS!
Welcome to the power of the internet where one individual (based on his own experience) can bash a great outfitter.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Hard to say, because if I had never hunted with them before and saw your link on google (which by the way
is how I found this great forum) I would never have considered a hunt with sage mountain. See now that's bad! Because than my friends and I wouldn't have had the best hunt of our lives.

So complaining about a missed opportunity on a elk bowhunt of all things is natural, it comes with the territory. But hanging a man's reputation on the worldwide web because you felt you should've of shot. Now that's just a shame!

To me DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS! is very strong language.
So at the end of the day it seems that you indeed took your shot, but it wasn't at a 360 bull.... but at ones livelihood.

don't worry boys this is the last post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

Livelihood, livelihood, livelihood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad my parents always taught me to be honest, instead of worring about someones name.
If the shoe fits maybe sage mountain should wear it.

Yes, I'm defending an outfitter. If they're good people and deliver a great memorable experience....why not?

But let's face it damage was already done with the first post. DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS!
Welcome to the power of the internet where one individual (based on his own experience) can bash a great outfitter.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Hard to say, because if I had never hunted with them before and saw your link on google (which by the way
is how I found this great forum) I would never have considered a hunt with sage mountain. See now that's bad! Because than my friends and I wouldn't have had the best hunt of our lives.

So complaining about a missed opportunity on a elk bowhunt of all things is natural, it comes with the territory. But hanging a man's reputation on the worldwide web because you felt you should've of shot. Now that's just a shame!

To me DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS! is very strong language.
So at the end of the day it seems that you indeed took your shot, but it wasn't at a 360 bull.... but at ones livelihood.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I go to work today and do a chitty job, should I be suprised if they fire me?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

But hanging a man's reputation on the worldwide web because you felt you should've of shot. Now that's just a shame!
Again, all you guys want to discuss is the shot. That was not my only problem as I hoped was quite apparent in my first, second, third... posts. Had I never seen that bull I still would be telling people not to go there, the list of reasons just would have been 1 shorter.

We've heard that before

This thread may hurt their business, but I doubt it. However, it hopefully will keep some hunters from having their dream hunt flushed down the toilet by Sage Mountain Outfitters like they did to my father and me.

Also,if you would look at some other threads on here, you would notice that I suggest outfitters to people that I have been with and felt they did their best for us, even if we came home empty handed (like you said that is part of hunting sometimes). In fact,and again if you would have actually read this thread you would know,this is the first outfitter I have ever felt I needed to warn people about instead of brag about on the worldwide web.

Quick Reply: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.