Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Eastern Washington Blacktail >

Eastern Washington Blacktail

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Eastern Washington Blacktail

Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 AM

Default Eastern Washington Blacktail

Here is a picture of the Blacktail my buddy got a few weeks ago I told aboutin a prior post. Hanging on the butchers hook it weighed 176. This is a Blacktail so typically smaller than Mulie or White Tail. This the biggest Blacktail eithe of us have seen. Got it in Eastern Washington in Goldendale area.

Steve
Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 AM

Default RE: Eastern Washington Blacktail

Sorry, it seems my computer won't upload the picture again. I'll keep trying.

Steve
Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a beauty of a blacktail! I Was not aware that their were Blacktail in Eastern washington... What area was it out of?
Old 11-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW nice deer.

is this a cross deer (black and mule)??
Old 11-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know why anyone would claim a deer from that area is a blacktail, especially one with a carcass weight that high.

It's obviously a mulie.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:06 PM

This is from the Goldendale area. This is a cross area for Muly and Blacktail. But in the 15 years I've been hunting the area I've seen only Blacktail and one Whitetail. Contrary to what BrutalAttack (apt name) says this is not a Mulie.

Check the horn formation. I also showed it to a game biologist. He said it is a Blacktail.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with sss5358.......I worked on the White Creek wind farm and saw deer almost every day and every one was a blacktail many of them were really big bucks as most of this land is leased by one or two gun clubs in the area!!!!! and not open to the public, I heard that the fee's were any where from $650.00 to $1500.00........White Creek is between Bickelton and Roosevelt on the columbia river!!! in Klickatat CO.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

I don't know why anyone would claim a deer from that area is a blacktail, especially one with a carcass weight that high.

It's obviously a mulie.
Can you let the guy post his deer pics without ragging on him? Do you think you could try to bring one positive thing to this site?

Nice deer!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:52 AM

Thanks finnbear. I guess I have been hunting this area for so long I don't realize how much bigger these Blacktails get than the average west side Blacktails. We have seen the deer on the wind farm and drooled! But of course we can't get on there. However my partner has lived in the Goldendale area over 30 years so we manage to get permission to get on private land free. In some cases we are able to get on because the owners father used to let us on and the son lets us on it even though he may be charging others. Guess we are lucky that way. Just a finish to the story. When we got back to his house with my deer we skinned it and put the skin out back about 200 yards then went inside to clean up to go get breakfast. When we came out there stood a very nice 3 X 3 over the skin. It was a legal buck too. But of course we both had ours so it went free. Great weekend of hunting.

Thanks Colorado Lucky Dog. My sentiments exactly. I don't mind at all if people disagree or don't believe, but it's all in the way it's done.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Amazing BT buck, I've not seen many bigger. I suspect that'd definately book, any word on the score?

Congrats in any case.

Quick Reply: Eastern Washington Blacktail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.