Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 All These Tents And I Have NO Clue >

All These Tents And I Have NO Clue

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

All These Tents And I Have NO Clue

Old 10-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Spike

Default All These Tents And I Have NO Clue

i am looking for a tent but cant spent upwards of a thousand bucks for a wall tent and frame. Floor, windows, heck i don't know. what else is there that will be good for 3 guys and our gear? i really would like to hear what ya'll have and how you like them? i have looked at a brand made by TREK and was wondering if anyone had used one and what they thought?

thanks greatly ya'll
dustin
Old 10-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: All These Tents And I Have NO Clue

What size tent are you looking for?
Old 10-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Spike

it dont matter really just so 3 of us can stay in it. maybe a 10x10 to a 12x15? anything really
Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Have you looked at Cabelas ALAKNAK tents? A 9.5X9.5 is only $549. You can later add a vestibule for muddy gear or cooking itemsandwood stove.

I haven't used it personally and I know everyone has a "my buddy" story but a pastneighbor of mine several years agohad one of these and he had high praises for it.

Or the Cabelas Big Horn tents.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Fork Horn

i bought a wall tent from davis tent and awning in denver. 12x14 with internal frame, screen door and a window. i checked around and asked everybody i could. i even puta thread on here and everybody had great info but davis had only good reviews.

i just got back from a 9 day elk hunt with 3 guys and had room to spare. i got the tent on a monthly special the put on their website for $600 and that included shipping the window and screen door. then i bought the angles from the army surplus store and the poles from home depot and cut them myself for less than $200. it was still a lot of money but i will say probably one of the best $800 investments i have ever made.

http://davistent.com/
Old 10-23-2008, 03:12 PM

Try Craigslist. Always something there and a lot cheaper than the stores.I've seen everything from pup tents to army command tents on there.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.kwikkamp.com/
http://www.yakimatent.com/
Old 10-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cabelas does make some alaska guide model tents.

I bought a roomie dome style.....but its really a 3season tent, those cold winter days its cold, I thinka dome style would keep a bit more warm. I like the tent i have but plan to get a alaskan guide model in the future....when I need it.

I'd get the bigest model if 3 guys were planning on sleeping in it....also more height room there. Also I'd spend the money for the aluminum poles, lighter weight.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=search_redir&id=0043361517 569a&navCount=2&podId=0043361&parentId =cat20103&masterpathid=&navAction=push&amp ;catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index& indexId=cat20103&hasJS=true

Just checked em out online.....4 6 or 8 person, which of course means like it could old that many guys but id get a 6 or 8 person for 3 men....

gives your more height inside as well, and more sq.ft.

This is what I have.....alotta room, alot of head height/room, due to the design, but not very warm in that late fall/winter season.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?id=0013081&navCount=11&parentI d=cat20103&masterpathid=&navAction=push&am p;cmCat=search_redir&parentType=index&inde xId=cat20103&rid=

Old 10-24-2008, 08:48 AM

I would only by a Montana Canvas, we use them, and they keep the heat in and there great in the weather, not only that but in your price range
Old 10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Cabela's Alaskan Guide and it is wonderful. I have a Mr Heater tent heater and it gets it nice and toasty inside. I used both this past weekend here in CO and all was wonderful.

Spud

Quick Reply: All These Tents And I Have NO Clue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.