HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   foot warmers? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/266796-foot-warmers.html)

buckmaster_27 10-06-2008 09:51 PM

foot warmers?

besides the hand warmers you buy in the packs is there other products that work.like electric socks or heated boot liners?where can i find something like heated boot liners?what does everyone use.im tired of my feet freezing off when sitting on stand all day.

tourangeaud 10-07-2008 08:48 AM

RE: foot warmers?

I'm trying these this season.

Icebreaker Insulated Boot Blanket® Overboots

var tProdID = "0006712810623a";
var currentSwatchid = "swatch0";
function select_image(id,image, text, index) {
document.getElementById('large_image').src = '/cabelas/en/content' + image;
document.getElementById('imagelabel').firstChild.n odeValue = text;
document.getElementById(currentSwatchid).parentNod e.className = "";
document.getElementById(id).parentNode.className = "swatch";
currentSwatchid = id;
cabLogFunction("PAGE," + index + "," + text);
}
function openFlashWindowBig(url, name) {
popupWin = window.open(url, name, 'scrollbars=yes,resizable,width=577,height=590,top =0,left=0');
popupWin.focus();
}

millagerobert 10-07-2008 09:29 AM

I have found that if you place a large hand warmer on the back of your neck in a neck gaiter it helps keep your whole body warm. Only down side is that it feels so good on a cold day it can put you to sleep. Try it, you'll never want to sit in a cold blind without one again.

glob3006 10-07-2008 08:23 PM

I use the toe warmers all the time...........I get cold feet....What can I say. If your feet are cold you think about your feet....Not hunting. I've never had any comfort issues and don't really notice them.Place them under the foot bed insert not on the sock......They rock!

GooseHunter Jr. 10-07-2008 09:57 PM

I spray and anti-persperiant/deodarant on my feet keeps them from ssweating which is usually the cause of cold feet.

MTMountainMan 10-11-2008 06:40 AM

A good pair of liners will also help with sweaty feet. Plus they can really help with blisters. Those over-boots look awesome (wow, -110°)

Onestringer 10-11-2008 06:16 PM

Antiperspirant...that is a great idea.

I have found that if I put a hand warmer over my heart it warms the blood that is circulating out to the limbs. That helps to keep my whole body warm and keeps me in the woods longer. Also, boots that leave enough room for warm socks, but wiggle room too. If I can wiggle my toes it usually helps to warm them.

I have a native friend who swears by putting cayenne pepper in her boots...whatever works.

Canned Heat 10-11-2008 07:26 PM

I use the IceBreakers over boots on top of my Danner Pronghorns when it gets cold, rather than trekking with big pac boots which are tough to climb into a stand with. If it gets REALLY cold...I put some handwarmers inside the boot blankets.