HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   LOOKING FOR A PACK THAT WILL CARRY A BOW (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/26675-looking-pack-will-carry-bow.html)

06 HUNTER 03-21-2003 08:49 AM

LOOKING FOR A PACK THAT WILL CARRY A BOW

I AM LOOKING FOR A PACK THAT IS SET UP TO CARRY A BOW. I AM PLANNING AN ARCHERY ELK HUNT AND HAVE BEEN CHECKING OUT A COUPLE, BUT I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT IF ANYONE ELSE USES ONE AND WHICH ONE IS BEST. I' VE LOOKED AT THE BOW/RIFLE PACK FROM CABELA' S AND THE " BOSS" PACK FROM A COMPANY CALLED BACK COUNTRY OUTFITTERS. HAS ANYONE USED THESE OR SIMILAR PACKS, OR EVEN SEEN OR HEARD OF SIMILAR PACKS?

Cman 03-21-2003 09:21 AM

RE: LOOKING FOR A PACK THAT WILL CARRY A BOW

06, check www.badlandspacks.com, their stuff is bad-ass :D & very high-quality, it' s made for bowhunters.

Deleted User 03-21-2003 01:13 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

06 HUNTER 03-21-2003 02:34 PM

ROBERT OR ARCTICBOWMAN,
IS THIS PACK COMFORTABLE? IS IT AWKWARD WITH THE BOW ON YOUR BACK? I HAVEN' T TRIED ONE ON YET, I' VE JUST BEEN LOOKING IN THE CATALOG. IF THIS IS THE SAME PACK I' VE BEEN LOOKING AT, IT HAS A STRAP THAT HANGS DOWN WITH A POCKET TO SUPPORT THE BOW AT THE CAM. I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A PROBLEM KEEPING THE CAM IN THE POCKET.

Fuldraw-MI 03-21-2003 02:57 PM

6 You definately should take a look at badlands packs.... Just purchased the 2200.. These packs are the best...This is an awesome pack for all day big game hunting...

I am also going Elk Hunting in CO this Sept, and will use the 2200

06 HUNTER 03-21-2003 06:06 PM

FULLDRAW,
I CHECKED THE WEBSITE FOR BADLANDS AND THEY SEEM LIKE GREAT PACKS. I ALSO FOUND A DEALER NEARBY SO I WILL GO CHECK THEM OUT SOON. HOW DOES THE 2200 HANDLE YOUR BOW? IS IT AWKWARD AT ALL? DOES IT STAY PUT ON THE PACK? I DON' T KNOW EXACTLY HOW WELL THESE PACKS WORK SINCE I HAVE YET TO GET MY HANDS ON ONE. CAN YOU DRAW YOUR BOW AND SHOOT IT WITH THE PACK ON? SORRY SO MANY ????, JUST WANT TO BE SURE BEFORE I SPEND THE $$$.

Fuldraw-MI 03-22-2003 08:08 AM

I have not personally have not yet used the pack; but called Badlands and asked all these questions.. they have an unconditional $$ back guarantee, so at the very worst I' ll get my money back... I' ve look at a lot of packs, and the badland are made VERY well.... I should receive my pack next week and will let you know how it works...

look at this site.. they sell the pack for 138.00
http://www.archerywarehouse.com/bl2200.html
this also show a pick on how ir carries a bow....

06 HUNTER 03-22-2003 09:25 AM

FULLDRAW,
THANKS FOR THE INFO! THAT PIC SHOWS MORE THAN THE PIC ON THE BADLANDS WEBSITE. I' M HEADED OUT IN A COUPLE HOURS TO CHECK IT OUT AT THE LOCAL DEALER. LOOKS LIKE I' LL PROBABLY BUY ONE IF THEY HAVE ONE. I REALLY LIKE THE LIFETIME GAURANTEE.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INFO.

stuckinthereeds 03-23-2003 10:08 PM

Cabelas bow and rifle pack. I just got it. Has a lot of space to carry your junk in. It runs about $90.00 for the XL and $100 for the XXL. I got the XL, and it is pretty big. It has a support for you bow or gun. The only thing I don' t like about it is once you have the bow/gun strapped to it It can weave from side to side if you don' t have it snug in tight. Other than that, great buy

ArcticBowMan 03-27-2003 10:20 PM

There is the Cabela' s brand and the Brookwood bow pack that I have seen offered by cabela' s. I bought the brookwood and I was very pleased with it. The bow did not jostle around, and it has clips to hold a rifle as well. The cam is completely protected on the brookwood, but not on the cabelas pack. Just be carefull when you sit down! :D