Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Spider bull has been killed >

Spider bull has been killed

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Spider bull has been killed

Old 10-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Spider bull has been killed

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

I disagree 100%

I am a sportsman BY God's will, I am a steward for all that He's given us. Its my opinion that its 100% wrong to allow suffering when you can stop it.

legal does not make ethical

legal was what happened with the Spider bull and look how wrong it was.

I can change things, and yes, there is much wrong with what hunting has become and if it isn't righted, we'll lose it

how naive .... you cannot disassociate yourselves from them

then you didn't tell them how it went down, because if you had, no way they'd agree with you I'm 100% confident of that

Laws have many reasons but like I've already shown, they do not make right and wrong, ethical and non-ethical

I would not expect him to write any less but I saw much that was written that affirms to me this wasn't hunting...thats the opinion I hold.

Have you ever read your own writing? bolded some of it for you...

lots of conjecture and opinion from a keyboard jockey who has no clue what really happened...lots of throwing stones when you are merely a third person twice removed from this whole thing...

this kind of jumping to conclusions and quick to judge is the very thing that leads soooo many people down a bad path...anytime I see this kind of villainous treatment of someone on the net I am oft reminded of the age old wisdom of "take the log out of your own eye before you take the speck out of someone elses"

Sorry, I am really out of this thread now...it has fully run its course...but has been atleast mildly intriguing...sad but intriguing...
Old 10-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned

MTdream

if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck .....
Old 10-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

I believe the commercialization of hunting is killing the sport, plain and simple. I know many BC outfitters who arrive in the business young, motivated and true hunters. After a few years they start tying upaccess to private land or access to public land to make the hunting easier.
Start spotting all their game from aircraft and doing anything to make the game easier.Face it the local competion makes it a bit tougher to make a quick buck........so easier means lower cost and good for business.
I know many jurisdictions demand non residence to use an outfitter. It is up to these hunters to holdtheir outfitter to a higher standard. If they have an airplane....be sure they have already tried to locate your game before you arrive..........illegal-maybe not , unethical-difinetly in my book.
What I find interesting about all the new business of hunting is I do not ever remember hunters asking for all this.
What hunter ever asked the government to legalize fenced huntings?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

you can search it on yahoo and find a pic, its pretty amazing
Old 10-17-2008, 08:27 AM

I didn't read through all the post on this thread but I really don't care whoSHOT the Spider bull. When you put a crew of guys out there all looking for the same bull can you really call it hunting? I would rather kill a 5x5 with my bow by myself than kill a big bull like that with the help of so many people. Is that hunting? No, thats just someone wanting to be the SHOOTER of a reallybig bull. Just my$0.02
Old 01-07-2009, 12:39 PM

CAelknuts--- "For those who are interested, good pictures are now posted on Mossback's website. You can view them by going to www.mossback.com"

I find it interesting that CAelknuts promoted mossback in his first few posts, defended them soheroically, he was actually in the area during the hunt, and was a new member... Geee I wonder if he works for Mossback? I'll give my first hand experience at how much people in Utah dislike Mossback. My friend drew a late season elk tag in the Beaver Utah unit. Our first evening while we were eating dinner at a resturant in Beaver the manager at the resturant noticed we were wearing hunting clothes and came to our table and asked us if we worked for Mossback. We replied that we did not. She asked if we were lying to her and we better tell her the truth. We replied that we did not. She said good and that if we had worked for them she would have kicked our butts right out of her resturant. Apparenltly it's their new policy to not allow any Mossback people in their resturant. I've heard all the stories of "Road Blocking", etc... from good friends of mine that work for the fish and game and BLM and receive these reports every year. My impresson of Mossback is they are idiots, period.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

And the jealousy abounds in this lengthy discussion. The guy could afford a governor's tag, got the tag and killed a monster bull. End of story. Who cares who he hunted with, the damn bull is dead at his hands. Anyone of us with the money would go after those same tags...and don't tell me you wouldn't!!!

Unbelievable how childish people get over things like this...Dan Agnew's kill inWashington on a governor's tag drew the same nasty responses from people...it never ends.

Sorry gang...this just frustrates me, the ends to which people go to discredit others.

I'm off my soap box now!