Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Mountain States Elk Hunting Opportunities, Something Wicked Your Way Comes >

Mountain States Elk Hunting Opportunities, Something Wicked Your Way Comes

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Mountain States Elk Hunting Opportunities, Something Wicked Your Way Comes

Old 09-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain States Elk Hunting Opportunities, Something Wicked Your Way Comes

They probably don't taste as good as Elk but they are much easier to chase down.
LMFAO
Old 09-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mountain States Elk Hunting Opportunities, Something Wicked Your Way Comes

You need to contact your congressmen. I work hear in DC but im orginally from out west and I hunt out there every year for my vacation and I know the problem. Get to pressureing your crongressmen, get people together and right a petition for a management plan, show all the pics, and examples of how the wolfs are destroying the livley hood of the people and the countryside. You got to make it public that there needs to be order and control. People in your area can change things, I know in wyoming they had enough pressure to bring this topic to the front of many conversations, also in alaska. If you can show the damage and the threat and get everyone behind you then you can bring about change, Plus your congressmen is your man, if he doesnt help you, next election, get someone else.

oh and the wolfs would never last in dc, the deer are to smart they would have the wolfs chasing them across the highway and getting smacked by cars. The deer here know how to look both ways when crossing the road, its ridiculous.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh and the wolfs would never last in dc, the deer are to smart they would have the wolfs chasing them across the highway and getting smacked by cars. The deer here know how to look both ways when crossing the road, its ridiculous.

I'll bet the deer have better sense crossing roads then some of the things masquerading as humans do there
Old 09-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

we have our congressman on our side. our govenor even came out and said he wanted to be the first idahoan with a wolf tag this year. and from what i remember and i could be wrong but he was the only person named specifically in the lawsuit the environmentalists filed.

and as far as a petition they already started one and the goal was 50,000 signatures and they would have got it but signatures dropped way off when they took the wolves off the list.

thats why we are back to SSS because thats all we can do until the next petition goes around.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am expecting an epidemic of lead poisoning
Old 09-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Robert I am sorry to hear about your experience! That had to be incredibly frustrating and discouraging! As an every year DIY Idaho hunter I have been very concerned about the frequency in which myself and my hunting companions are seeing wolves and their kills.I was encouraged to see a season coming this year because it very much seemed justified and responsible.Between the wolf numbers and how bold the wolves are they need some fear in them and a significan tamount of population reduction.
It is confusing to me how certain eco systems can suport both strong populations of game animals and predators at the same time and why in other area's the predators clean out the game animal population.
Perhaps someone can elaborate on that.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is confusing to me how certain eco systems can suport both strong populations of game animals and predators at the same time and why in other area's the predators clean out the game animal population.
Perhaps someone can elaborate on that.
You look at parts of Canada especially BC and they manage to keep everything working together. They have tons of bears and wolves and yet their Elk Herd and Deer herd is thriving because of their Game management and Forest management.Then again they didn't introduce a species their wolves have been there all this time.