Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Hunting in Washington

Old 10-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Spike

How did your hunt go ?
You are more likely to find moose than Elk in the NE corner of the state.
I hunted Manastash for 20 years and loved it before the spike only restriction, have been drawn twice (6 points each time) for any elk permit, but the only times I got chances at branched bulls I was not drawn, why its called hunting.
Pretty much any of the best units will be zoos, no big secret where elk are harvested.
My best advice is to pick up a bow, practice and start applying for permits.
Or come over to the wet-side, and hunt SW Washington, Winston unit is a zoo, but lots of elk harvested every year.
Plenty of other units offer good hunting, 3pt or better bull, and some units are open for antlerless (archery) also the WDFW is pretty free with cow permits (modern).
You will never get away from other hunters, but if you find closed gates, you can get away from the masses.
Get a MT bike and put some distance behind you, and you can be alone.
Most of the mentioned "scum sucking poachers" are too lazy to get away from the road.