Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Tuttulik claims "bankrupt" ALLCaribou hunts cancelled with no refunds! >

Tuttulik claims "bankrupt" ALLCaribou hunts cancelled with no refunds!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Tuttulik claims "bankrupt" ALLCaribou hunts cancelled with no refunds!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tuttulik claims "bankrupt" ALLCaribou hunts cancelled with no refunds!

All remaining caribou hunts for 2008 and beyond with Tuttulik Outfitters Inc. (Greg Bonecutter of Dover,TN is the head and takes all the money) no refunds for anyone and 1/2 price guaranteed hunts(for no game)are also cancelled (Mine).
Hunters scheduled to leave on hunts were not notified until THAT DAY! Some were already at the hotel in Montreal.

Rip off Scam Artists!

Check out bowsite.com caribou forum.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tuttulik claims "bankrupt" ALLCaribou hunts cancelled with no refunds!

All remaining caribou hunts for 2008 and beyond with Tuttulik Outfitters Inc. (Greg Bonecutter of Dover,TN is the head and takes all the money) no refunds for anyone and 1/2 price guaranteed hunts(for no game)are also cancelled (Mine).
Hunters scheduled to leave on hunts were not notified until THAT DAY! Some were already at the hotel in Montreal.

Rip off Scam Artists!

WHat are the options in a situation like this?
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tuttulik claims "bankrupt" ALLCaribou hunts cancelled with no refunds!

Some guys on bowsite.com are trying to get together a class action law suit. Odds are that it will go nowhere.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well the guy is out of TN not sure where you live but I would just get an attorney and go after him on your own.These hunts are not cheap not to mention air fare and all . I tell you what there are some low life snakes passing fro humans these days.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

wow

I hunted with Tuttilik last fall. I had some issues with them, nothing huge, but I knew I wouldn't go back with them either.

I met Boney at a fueling stop and got my license etc from him.

My buddy that went is out "only" $2500 plus his plane reservations etc etc to and from. He was to leave on Thu next week.

Wow ...... another HUGE black eye to hunting
Old 09-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Handles

Rip off Scam Artists!

Check out bowsite.com caribou forum.
If they have any assets I would be coming after them. If their business is not an LLC, LLP ora Corporationthen you should be able to sue them personally. Obviously, laws vary fromstate to state, but I would go after their personal assets too.

I would do my best to take their personal firearms, bank accts, personal items etc.. Call me ruthless, but when someone does something like this I have no mercy. [:@]
Old 09-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I have heard this would involve suing in a foreign country (Canada) and involves an Indian tribe. Two strikes against ever seeing anything. I guess declaring backruptcy might give SOME rights for recovery though. Good luck. Those that bought "hunt guarantee insurance" are sure lucky.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:38 PM

I was Scheduled to be in Montreal today to fly out with them tomorrow morning for a hunt this week. They required payment in full including tags by June. In January they informed us (after they had already collected half the total for the hunt) that there was going to be what amounted to an additional $400.00 owed due to the devaluation of the dollar. They had us at that point we could not cancel we would have forfeited out already paid $2500.00. I found out Friday via email that the hunt was cancelled.

It's correct the outfitter is owned and operated by the inuits the company is in receivership, it's a long shot to try to recover anything but we are in a fact finding mode right now to see if it's feasible. There may even be some recourse against the booking agents as presumably they were paid comissions out of the monies they collected from us and they are US based. If anyone here was scheduled to hunt with Tuttulik, and lost money on this hunt, please go to the Bowsite.com caribou forum under class action and give your information. the more people that join this action the better our chances of recovering something.

Thanks,

Brian Barzee
Old 09-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's correct the outfitter is owned and operated by the inuits the company is in receivership, it's a long shot to try to recover anything but we are in a fact finding mode right now to see if it's feasible.
If Natives or Inuit own the operation,it is extremely unlikely that you will ever recover any money.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:26 PM

Everyone ralizes, it's extremely unlikely but that's what we're in the process of finding out...just how unlikely is it.If you don't make an effort it's 100% guaranteed that we will not recover anything. As I said, this is a fact finding stage right now, so if anyone has been affected by this and would like to get additional information and be part of a possible class action suit please give your info on the site and thread mentioned previously.

Quick Reply: Tuttulik claims "bankrupt" ALLCaribou hunts cancelled with no refunds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.