Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 equipment that you can swear by??? >

equipment that you can swear by???

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

equipment that you can swear by???

Old 09-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Equipment that you can swear by???

Bow hook...so I can hang up my bow when I am stationary...
Old 09-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gators and HS dirt wafers. I've been within 2 feet of deer and 5 yards from elk wearing the wafers.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Boker ceramic blade-folding knife that is scary sharp that I use for all my skinning needs.

This item is a must have with the Boker knife and it's Kevlar cut resistant gloves worn under a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves that go all the way up to the elbow’s.

Heavy-duty rubber gloves (mine just happen to come in bright orange) that keep me clean and away from contact with blood as much as possible...health concerns now days with CWD.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Spike

I have really grown fond of my Eberlestock Just One pack. I have hauled full loads of caribou and moose quarters without a single torn stitch. It's expandable to carry various load sizes, and it's meat handling capabilities are absolutely astonishing.

I have one Buck knife that I bought when I was 15. It has been throughnumerous animals from small game to large and although I have many other knives as well, the Buck always has a special place in my pack.

I also like my military issue poncho. It is by far the most versatile piece of equipment I have. It works as rain protection, improvised shelter, sleeping mat, sleeping bag in some instances, and a great meat blanket.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

But wipe,12 ft of mono-fishing line,8 size 8 hooks(in a pinch they can be used to staple a wound shut or fish),knife,tape,packet of lipton soup mix and a packet of coffee,algeen bottle,flint and steel and my compass.
With that I will survive.
BBJ

Old 09-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Equipment to Swear by:

My RiversWest hunting clothes. My danner Boots. My Mathews Switchback XT and Savage rifle, Badlands pack and my legs. they have been through some surgeries from college ball but they never give up getting me to the top.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: equipment that you can swear by???

There's a lot, many have already been said. I'll narrow it down to one. My Leatherman Wave! Hunting, hiking, mtn.biking, backcountry splitboarding, inbounds snowboarding and mountaineering, if I don't have it on me or in my pack I feel totally naked!