Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 NW CO Butchers/Game Processors. >

NW CO Butchers/Game Processors.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

NW CO Butchers/Game Processors.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:11 PM

Default NW CO Butchers/Game Processors.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a list of game processors in NE CO, in the Craig-Meeker-Dotsero triangle?

I’m investigating the feasibility of having a local game processor butcher, package and freeze my game, in the event I am fortunate enough to collect an animal. The theory being I take them elk quarters and $, they give me back a bunch of neatly packaged elk meat. I’ve been poking around some of the local city directories, but thought maybe someone here would be familiar with a place not normally advertised.

Thanks in advance.
Bugs.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NE CO Butchers/Game Processors.

Good luck with that one. Lots of elk and lots of places to hunt but getting a good processor can be a stretch. Get to know a few locals and they will help. I hunt the south east section of the state and we got elk both years we hunted it as non res. from new england. The locals turned us on to some great butchers but they really didn't advertise. We had to travel about 50 miles to get to them but they did a great job. Epect to pay about 150 bucks for a decent job. They can process and flash freeze solid enough to get back east with them in large coolers after a 3 day trip.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Thats not realy NE. I know of a really good packing house on the front range. But doubt that would help you.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Craig, Meeker and Dotsero are not even close to NE CO.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:51 AM

Default RE: NW CO Butchers/Game Processors.

Good, people are paying attention... so I meant NW CO. And close is a relative term.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: bugs11

Good, people are paying attention... so I meant NW CO. And close is a relative term.
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Highway 13 just north of the out-skirts ofMeeker towards the direction of Craighas an Ace Hardware. Behind that store a guy (I can't remember his name) runs a seasonal game processing operation with his family. He is reasonably priced, and does a great job. When I pick up my meat, it's not only cut & wraped, but it's all froze too. He's also a real nice guy.

early
Old 09-01-2008, 09:21 PM

Thanks Early... that's the kind of information I'm looking for.

Bugs.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:01 PM

i believe its craig steel or craig Iron that do seasonal processing,its under a different name they did 7 of our deer in a day, the processed my bull that morning i picked it up that evening... compaired to the packing house in craig that takes a full 24hrs to process PS: they are Aholes there, i wouldn't take another deer there EVER

Craig Steel
345 Russell Street · Craig, CO 81625
970-824-6553 · Fax: (970) 824-2332

i think thats the info for the place, give em a ring and ask
Old 09-16-2008, 12:52 PM

These guys were very busy (a testiment to their popularity?) when my outfitter dropped off the cowI took last year during the first rifle season. It took them about two weeks to process my animal and ship it to me in Virginia. Don't recall the price. They did good work.

--twofer

H & H Processing
68656 Highway 64
Meeker, CO 81641
(970) 878-5151

Old 09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

I use Brothers in Craig if Im in that area and needing something processed. Dogood work and will have it done within a day or 2 if needed.

Quick Reply: NW CO Butchers/Game Processors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.