Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 New Mexico Elk, Colin Neblett WMA in unit 55 >

New Mexico Elk, Colin Neblett WMA in unit 55

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

New Mexico Elk, Colin Neblett WMA in unit 55

Old 06-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Spike

Default New Mexico Elk, Colin Neblett WMA in unit 55

Drew a tag for the Colin Neblett WMA this year.Wanting to knowhow good thearea is and any other info i can get. I will be hunting Oct. 25-29 gun season.
Thanks,
Brodey
Old 06-22-2008, 06:25 AM

Default RE: New Mexico Elk, Colin Neblett WMA in unit 55

Did you draw a tag for the north or south part of Colin Neblett? I will be hunting the north for the Arch/Muzz season, and my cousin is hunting the south for rifle.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:01 PM

I drew for the Nov hunt in the south unit. Don't know anything about the management area but killed a couple nice ones about 20 miles south of there in unit 48 last year. Hunting partner went up to scout today and said it's mighty rough and very little access. We're gonna go up Monday and look it over good, I'll let ya know what I see.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 PM

I drew a tag for the first rifle season cant seem to find anyone who has a lot of info or who has ever hunted it. I have scouted some doesnt look super impressive but with elk you never know if they will move into the area during hunting season or move out. If anyone has been there in oct let me know what they think, I will share all I know from what I have scouted.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 AM

Very steep country,hopfully youll see some good size deer.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:05 AM

I am actualy hunting elk first season rifle on the south side of area 54 the colin neblett. I wasnt real clear on that in my first post. Any one with any info on elk in that area especialy during oct I would appreciate it. to any one hunting after my season 11th-15th of oct 08 I will know enough about the unit on the 16th if any body needs info just ask.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:11 PM

Does anyone know how the elk hunting on the colin neblett unit 54 south is for hunting? I usually hunt Trespiadres, New Mexico, and I have never hunted the Colin Neblett. I read some of the other posts that it has very steep mountains to climb and hard to hunt. Can a horse be used to climb to camp?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:03 AM

Default The north collin neblett is awesome.

Originally Posted by Bogey179
Did you draw a tag for the north or south part of Colin Neblett? I will be hunting the north for the Arch/Muzz season, and my cousin is hunting the south for rifle.
My daughter drew out for the south wma collin neblett in unit 54. I have heard that the collin neblett north is a awesome hunt and that there is alot of elk to pick from. I heard that our hunt for the south side is ok but very hard to hunt due to cliffs and steep terrane. I also heard that there is a six by six bull elk in the south collin neblet that hasn't been taken yet. That means it is even bigger this year.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Spike

Brodey100 did had any luck on that elk hunt on Colin Neblett WMA unit 55, I drew this year for muzzleloder on the same unit any suggestions? Thanks.