Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Anyone have tips for CO unit 7?  Archery Elk. >

Anyone have tips for CO unit 7? Archery Elk.

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Anyone have tips for CO unit 7? Archery Elk.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone have tips for CO unit 7? Archery Elk.

I have been up there a few times messing around, but have never hunted the area.
Cameron/Clark peaks is very much like what I hunt down in unit 49. Limited access and a lot of up. The ridge that runs to the northeast off of Cameron Peak is one I would look at real hard.Up northPolock Knob is a lower elevation area with good timber and water another good place to look at.
As far as size therearen't too many small units.I am glad the units I hunt, I ran and learned when I was young and single. I spent35 years learning the CO high country and there are still many places I have not seen.
I burned my points last year and came so close to a killing a huge bull in 49. The old boy was smart and never gave me a second chance. So I am hunting a general license this year and am not sure where I will wind up. I have a deer tag for 591,59,511, close to home and there are a few elk around.
Have fun up there and stay safe.
Gselkhunter
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 PM

Default RE: Anyone have tips for CO unit 7? Archery Elk.

The info is much appreciated. Let me know if you everneed any tips for unit 4. That is my home turf. We will check all of these spotsout. Good luck to you as well.