Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

The Alaska Experiment

Old 05-07-2008, 07:09 AM

Default The Alaska Experiment

Anyone else catch the latest episode of the Alaska Experiment on Discovery last night? For those not knowing what the show is about, it is about 4 teams of people (city folk from CA, ect...), 2 married couples, one father and 2 daughter team and then a team of 2 guys and awoman that are dropped off in Alaska at the end of the summer and "with assistance off camera" try tp prepare and survive for 3 months in the boonies.
Well, last night the team of 2 guys and a woman go out with their .22 to hunt for small game.....earlier in the episode they had shot a squirel and a rabbit. Then come across a buffalo and low and behold the nimrod with the .22 fires at least one shot at the buffalo. I was quite suprised that they would show someone being so grossly negligant.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Alaska Experiment

The producer probably thought that the mighty gun was as magical as the idiot holding the gun and that he could kill a T-Rex with his .22 it the chance arose. It amazes me how people think that there is no limit to the power ofa gun. I believe that a person should be tought the limits, dangers, and ballistics of firearms before ever being sent out with one.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buffalo in AK?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: shed33

Buffalo in AK?
Yes
Old 05-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Speedo

ORIGINAL: shed33

Buffalo in AK?
Yes

Really? learn something new everyday.. where at Speedo? Free ranging and wild?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

I have been watching the show for the scenery aspect, but the contestants drive me nuts. I wish I could have gone on the show, I would have considerd it a vacation instead of a challenge. But I guess that is why they picked city folk who haven't fired a gun, gather their own food, or had to solve their own problems before, it is more entertaining watching someone on the verge of disaster. I wonder if any of these teams would make it if they didn't recieve any help or advice. The one guy did buck up and shot a goat last week, looked like a pretty difficult hunt. It does make a person realize the amount knowledge your Dads and Grandfathers gave you when you see these people try and fish, hunt, gather wood, and make shelters. No one can ever know everything about outdoor survival, but that's what makes it a life long pursuit, and not a hobby you bore of.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

was it just me or was it obvious that the carcass of the buffalo or whatever it was looked like it had been gutted. they never mentioned any tracks of what killed it being around it, maybe i missed that but i didnt see it. looks kinda funny that an animal would just suddenly explode like that, i smell a set up.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: caselesss5

was it just me or was it obvious that the carcass of the buffalo or whatever it was looked like it had been gutted. they never mentioned any tracks of what killed it being around it, maybe i missed that but i didnt see it. looks kinda funny that an animal would just suddenly explode like that, i smell a set up.
yup Case, my wife and I thought the same thing.. nice gut pile all in tact ... laying adjacent from the eaten carcass... looked staged to me..
Old 05-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

There are three herds of wild free-ranging Bison in Alaska. The Delta, Farewell, and Chitina herds. Drawing a tag is more difficult than winning the lottery, especially the Delta herd which is accessible by the road system.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

So, this guy was shooting at one fo the bison? did they mention if he had wont the lottery and had a tag?

Quick Reply: The Alaska Experiment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.