Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolf Kill Picture

Old 06-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolf Kill Picture

Get real! Those are photo shop! The heaviest wolf ever recorded killed, weighed like 170 to a 180 pounds! That's the biggest one EVER!!!! If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't think I am! I still am a bonified wolf hater! SSS
Old 06-01-2008, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Get real! Those are photo shop! The heaviest wolf ever recorded killed, weighed like 170 to a 180 pounds! That's the biggest one EVER!!!! If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't think I am! I still am a bonified wolf hater! SSS
You're right. The 189lb wolf was killed in Russia. The largest killed in North America weighed in at 175lbs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Wolf
Old 06-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

You guys that keep saying those are photoshopped need a little more first hand wolf experience. They're extremely big animals and then you add 6-8" of heavy winter coat on them and they look enormous. For comparison I took my dogs into the vets office the other day and there was a 125 pound Great Dane there. That dog looked like a friggin' horse and he barely had any hair. You put a winter wolf coat on that thing and it'd look like a wooly mammoth. I've never shot a really big wolf, but the wolves I've shot are still a whole lot bigger than any coyote you've ever seen. I've seen big wolves hanging in the tanneries and taxidermy shops around here and they're right on par with the wolves in that picture.

AK Jeff

Old 06-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

i never realized they were that big!!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Here is an example of a typical northern Minnesota wolf caught on a trail cam that was setup at a wolf kill site. They are not to be confused with coyotes... )

Old 06-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is awesome! I would love to kill some wolves... Legally in Idaho. In the small town I hunt there is an unspoken rule you see a wolf you put it down.

They are literally killing hte Elk and Deer heards its so sad
Old 06-03-2008, 06:47 AM

That's a great picture! About how much do they weigh?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: AK Jeff

You guys that keep saying those are photoshopped need a little more first hand wolf experience. They're extremely big animals and then you add 6-8" of heavy winter coat on them and they look enormous. For comparison I took my dogs into the vets office the other day and there was a 125 pound Great Dane there. That dog looked like a friggin' horse and he barely had any hair. You put a winter wolf coat on that thing and it'd look like a wooly mammoth. I've never shot a really big wolf, but the wolves I've shot are still a whole lot bigger than any coyote you've ever seen. I've seen big wolves hanging in the tanneries and taxidermy shops around here and they're right on par with the wolves in that picture.

AK Jeff

You've definitely got a point there. Last winter, I got a call from my sister. She said her boyfriend (at the time)saw a large coyote sulking around the perimeter of her property and she was afraid for her Cheasapeake Bay Retriever. I assure her that her Chessie, Sadie, could hold her own against a coyote half her size. She replied, "Oh no, Matt (boyfriend) said it's every bit as big as Sadie." So off I go with rifle in hand to deal with this gigantic coyote.
Towards dusk, I see that big coyote. It was the most stunning German Shepardwith a long coat I have ever seen. The intact male shepard was looking for a girlfriend. Long story short, it was dumped by the original owner because it was not "aggressive enough"[&:]. My family gave him to a couple who rehabilatatedogs for a GermanShepard Rescue. He has beensuccessfully placed in a home and is doing well.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 PM

huge line up. I found a similar picture on www.gamewarden.usthe wardens were talking about this.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: game4lunch

I still think it's a shame it has to come to this . . . mainly because some bleeding heart / tree lovin' / pine nazi's back in D.C. thought it was a good idea to re-introduce an animal that was selected by nature to be eliminated in the first place!
And how do you justify this? I think mother nature built and selected wolves the way they are so that they would be on the top of the food chain, not ELIMINATED!!! where is your reasoning b/c man has traps and guns?

Quick Reply: Wolf Kill Picture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.