Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolf Kill Picture

Old 05-27-2008, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wolf Kill Picture

cool.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

Hey MinnFinn, I haven't been keeping up on what's going on with MN wolves as of late. My question is...why can't we act as fast as they did in the western states?? Thought our delisting was done awhile back and yet no hunting yet!! Probably has to do with some lawsuit that those Minneapolis Liberal dipsticks are throwing at them... )
Old 06-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

i live in northern quebec ...when we go moose hunting any wolf we see goes DOWN ..but we don't talk about it ,'some people have never seen a moose being butchered and torn apart by a pac of wolves ..it is a horrible sight ..
Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is that photoshop? C'mon wolves are not that big.....those look 300lbs...

Old 06-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Ironranger, What you said about the liberals from the cities is correct. It's those people and the bunny huggers that have moved up into the northern country that are putting up such a big fuss about having a hunting season implemented in MN. I've seen a few over the years and have had several come through the yard at night. I also had two walk within 20 feet of me while I was bowhunting a couple of years ago. Heck I was only 150 yards from my house when they walked by. There are some pretty big ones in this area. Last fall I took pictures of tracks of one that walked by and they are as big/bigger than the width of my size 10 hunting shoe.

For the rest of the guys reading this thread...Minnesota has the largest population of Wolves in the lower 48 states, I believe they number over 3500 (if I remember correctly). So for you guys out west.....well, good thing you guys can hunt them. They get hunted here also, but no-one gets to keep a trophy. [8D]If you get my drift.

WW
Old 06-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

SHOOT + SHOVEL + SHUT-UP
Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Is that photoshop? C'mon wolves are not that big.....those look 300lbs...

You need to get out west and see itif you don't believe they get that big. That is not photoshop, those are the real deal.. real BIG canines! Too many people think they're just big coyotes.. these things eat coyotes for a snack
Old 06-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i need bigger guns.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe it, but wow those look like some trophy wolves....

I thought I saw one couple years ago while hunting antelope, that or the biggest coyote ever, or someone's dog, but it looked huge, like what 1 of those would have running....local hutners said they werent suppose to be in that area, but some claim that people do see/claim to occasionally.

wouldn't mind seeing one during 1 of the fall hunts....hopefully the season/quota however it works will still be open.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

WWHunter, I know what you mean. I grew up in Babbitt.Tree hugger central in Ely. Biggest wolf I saw was over east of Hinckley quite a few years back. I was scouting an oak ridge and caught movement. I was in camo and stood stillas this wolf walked thru the brush from left to right and my jaw dropped. I mean...I've seen em in the 120 range but this boy was just enormous. My brother in law who works in that area said they'd been seeing him and figured he would go over 150 and then some. Just reminded me of some hog bucks I've seen while pheasant hunting in Iowa. You see one that's a nice buck and then you see godzilla and just stop and stare. I was kicking myself for not having a camera that day as it was something to see... SSS method is used up there but you are right. Can't keep them for mounts!!

Quick Reply: Wolf Kill Picture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.