Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Read this about wolves

Old 04-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Read this about wolves

http://www.nrdcactionfund.org/campaigns/wildlife/save-endangered-gray-wolves.html
Old 04-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Read this about wolves

Wyoming's plans are equally brutal. The state classifies wolves as "predatory animals" in most of the state.

GASP!!!!

And here I thought that all they ate was porridge....no no no, that's bears that eat porridge...I get confused sometimes
Old 04-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Im just hoping I can get a wolf tag in MT come september
Old 04-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

That aerial gunning sure sounds like fun............................are these wack jobs for real?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

well i like all the pictures of the wolves on their site. bet wolves look great on the wall too. guess i will find out this october.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:57 PM

That's a little different than the most recent website I found.

http://saveourelk.com/
Old 04-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never understood why they would introduce a predator that would deminish the money making game like elk and deer. Politicians generally vote where the $ is, but certainly not in this case.

I would love to have a full body mount of a wolf next to my fireplace! That's where I stand on this issue.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:48 PM

hmm.. I don't get why you would want to kill the wolves. They're good for the hunt! They kill off the weak animals from the herd, and then the ones left over have to get bigger and stronger because of it. If you kill all the wolves, you're not going to get anything good to eat in the future. Your kids will be shooting deer that look like chickens.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: meese

hmm.. I don't get why you would want to kill the wolves. They're good for the hunt! They kill off the weak animals from the herd, and then the ones left over have to get bigger and stronger because of it. If you kill all the wolves, you're not going to get anything good to eat in the future. Your kids will be shooting deer that look like chickens.
LOL.... Your kidding right?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 PM

Yesterday I witnessed elk forming a protective herd against wolf attack. I was up at the snow line on my Idaho bear hunt and doing some shed hunting as well. I sat on a great overlook and watched well over 100 elk milling all around a ridgeline and flat platues grazing. They were all scattered about and I was eagerly glassing for bulls to see if they had dropped thier antlers. It was about 3 hours before dark, and off in a distant canyon beyond the elk I heard the distinct cry of the wolf. It echoed thru the canyon and I swear every elk head turned in the direction of the howl. Immediately the elk began to gather in small herds from 10 to 50 strong, and slowly make thier way away from the wolves. I planned to sit until dark as the elk trailed out above my position, hoping to catch a glimpse of thier persuers. Looking behind meI sawdark clouds heading my direction which told me I would not get a chance this night.It was good to see that the elk herded up like that for protection, butI'm suremany will fall to predation. I can not wait for the legal hunts to be available in my hunting area. Until then, I guess I'll just have to fire off some "warning shots"

Quick Reply: Read this about wolves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.