Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Colorado preference points >

Colorado preference points

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado preference points

Old 03-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Spike

Default Colorado preference points

Do you need to have a previous or current colorado lisence to apply for a preference point.
I'm trying to put together an Elk archery trip this fall but my hunting partners are having a hard time commiting to it. They would rather start planning for a muzzle loading trip a couple years down the road.
I was told to start appling for preference points now and with 2 points and your next application you should get a tag for muzzle loader season.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colorado preference points

Nope..You can just apply for a preference point...

They will want about $250 of your money, but will refund it ( minus a small processing fee) in early summer...

You can do it online at www.wildlife.state.co.us
Old 03-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly as stated, start getting those points, I'm curious to know if you draw a 2nd or 3rd choice tag if you lose your points or keep them? If so I may take advantage of some 2nd choice tags.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:18 AM
car
Typical Buck

It's funny I just did mine last night. It was $254 and I think they keep around $25 of it. I now have 7 points!
car
Arpil 1 is the cutoff date.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

You need a conservation certificate in order to draw preference points.

I'm curious to know if you draw a 2nd or 3rd choice tag if you lose your points or keep them? If so I may take advantage of some 2nd choice tags.

No you do not lose your prefernce points
Old 03-23-2008, 05:02 PM

No loss of points on 2nd and 3rd choice draw
Old 03-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Point creep is hitting the muzzy season. It is now not a lock to get a bull muzzy statewide tag with 2 points. Better count on waiting 4 years (3 points) for a muzzy bull tag. Last year only 56% of those with 2 points got a tag. That will probaly continue to get worse.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:09 AM

can he apply1st choice muzzy & 2nd arch and gain pts and get a chance to hunt and scout his unit
Old 03-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

In colorado a 2nd choice draw......you'll still receive a tag and points since you didnt draw your first choice! That's a great combo........1st choice rifle/muzzy, 2nd choice muzzy/bow, I'd really only put down 2 choices.....like 2 quality choices, 3rd/4th choices would probably be for a high draw percentage area, ie less quality more likely.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the Colorado application. If you select 1st choice Muzzleloader. You then have to check a box on what you want done with your license & $ if not selected. Example I applied for muzzleloader, then checked either sex archery box, if I don't recieve a muzzleloader tag. Archery is over the counter, so no need to apply for archery as a second choice.

Quick Reply: Colorado preference points

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.