Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 over the counter pronghorn tags >

over the counter pronghorn tags

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

over the counter pronghorn tags

Old 03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default over the counter pronghorn tags

I am wondering if anyone here can tell me where they sell over the counter pronghorn tags in the fall. I would like to take my son on a hunt this fall but it is going to have to be a semi last minute throw together. I might be more intersted in meeting people and doing a parent/child hunt. Any help here would be great.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: over the counter pronghorn tags

You might find some left over tags in Wyoming?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:51 PM

There is a left over/reduced pricetag draw in Julyfor Wyoming. You can also buy doe tags over the counter but i dont think you can for buck tags.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Spike

When the wyoming draws are over there will be a leftover tag link on the wyoming game and fish web page. It will tell you how many tags are leftover in which units and yes there will be plenty of buck tags. I bought leftover tags in unit 23 last year and had a great late october hunt.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

OTC archery in colorado I believe, leftover rifle tags in WY. Just apply.....wy antelope draw still yet to happen.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:07 AM
Typical Buck

I would love to put in now but I am currently doing preferance points for elk. Thats why I am thinking last minute, If I have the $$$ in the fall, I grab my son and we go. Without anyone really giving up thier honey holes, any suggestions on where to go as far as unit, county, town ect.. would be a great help. I am a little intimidated about it just because it is something new to me.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-08-2008, 07:23 AM

There are always some doe antelope tags leftover in Wyoming, where I hunt they are usually available in areas with lots of private land. If you decide to get one of theses tags, look into the Wyoming pivate land/public access program. Sometimes there are some good areas available to the public.
Dont be intimidated by all of the regs, you just have to do it one year and then it will seem simple.
Good Luck
Old 03-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Colo has leftovewr leftover antelope tags. Most are gonna be on priv land so nows the time to be knocking on doors. I've never been turned down, altho finding the ranch house/hq is is VERY difficult. Has a great tiem last yr with no luck. Saw some good country and met some nice ranchers. May do same this yr ifIdont draw an RFW tag.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:14 PM
BKC

I put in for out of state pronghorn in Wyo and big game combo in Montana I think Montana draws 3/15/ and results are posted by 3/20 dose anyone know when Wy draws and posts
Old 04-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Wyoming draw is July 3with post date July 10. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: over the counter pronghorn tags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.