Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Broadheads

Old 02-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Spike

Default RE: Elk Broadheads

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I am leaning more towards the G5's or slick tricks. I have had bad luck with Steel Force and disappointed in the muzzy's, on whitetails. I have shot thunderheads for years but I have to completly resight my bow when I put those on my arrows. Practice is a definite for me. I am currently shooting a video league and once the weather warms up I am going to practice my shooting outside. I will be practicing all summer long. I enjoy shooting my bow any chance I get so practice won't be an issue,getting in shape hummm,that could present a problem but I am sure I can get it taken care of. I am really looking forward to this trip, should be awesome. Thanks again.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:29 AM

I had good luck with the Muzzy MX3 on Caribou last fall. I haven't hunted Elk yet. Good Luck.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Spike

I use Muzzy 100gr. 4 blades on deer (not the new ones) and they fly like my field points, but on a big elk - I don't know. I was reading at elk outfitter's site and they reccomended the following. I am not saying I agree or disagree, but guides should have lots of experience in trailing good and bad hit animals. Think about it, they are in the business, they probably track more wounded animals that the average guy would in years.

Steelforce Premium, Non-Serrated, 2 or 4 blade (1st choice)

Muzzy Phantom, 4 blade (2nd choice)
Magnus Stinger, Non-Serrated, 2 or 4 blade (3rd choice)
Wasp Sharpshooter, 4 blade (4th choice)
Simmons Landshark, 4 blade (5th choice)

I have a question what's the going rate for a tip on a bow elk hunt?