Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Best & Most Accomplished Big Game Hunters >

Best & Most Accomplished Big Game Hunters

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Best & Most Accomplished Big Game Hunters

Old 02-10-2008, 10:17 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

Default Best & Most Accomplished Big Game Hunters

Where do you feel the best AND most accomplished big game hunters are to be found?
No breaking the two measuring sticks apart....
Both best AND most accomplished.

Young, old, individuals, clients, guides.... it don't matter.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best & Most Accomplished Big Game Hunters

I'm not sure what your looking for, wether we are talking trophy animals or just simple sucess.

I would say the best and most accomplished hunters are those that are still sustinence hunters, people who rely on what they kill to survive.

Granted there are fewer of those than ever before they do still exsist.

I am in awe of the patience of those that can stand over a hole in the ice for hours on end waiting for a seal to take a breath, and still have the ability to drive a spear through the ice and make a kill. (I personally would be too stiff to move).

Or I would say someone who is regurlaly sucessful without gimicks.

Rogue
Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't necessarily classify the best hunters with the most successful hunters. Success does not necessarily mean they are good hunters. Especially in this day of guaranteed bone for $$$$$$$$.

If I had to keep both classifications together then Fred Bear would instantly come to mind.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:19 PM

Ihave a friend in southern MO who is about as good as it gets. He's a blue collar guy who does DIY hunts(except where prohibited by law) on a shoe string budget all over North America and consistantly takesmeat home for his family. He doesn't always shoot trophy animals and that's fine by him, he's in it for the hunt! Don't get me wrong, the guy has more mounts than wall space (including the garage and basement!), but he's as humble a manI've ever met.He' ll be the first in the group totake anew hunter under his wing and you'll never hear theman complain about ANYTHING. He saves hismoney, does hisown research,sets uphis own hunts from top to bottom. He butchers his meat himself andhelps his taxidermist with the mounts. When it comes to hunting, he just hasthat 6th sense that most hunters dreamabout. The greatest thing about the guy. . .if he considers you a friend, he'll gladly teach you everything he knows.That's my definition of a great hunter.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree 100 percent with Rouge. People who have to get it done regardless of conditions. Like maybe the Eskimos.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 PM

If you're talking trophy hunting and doing it with a weapon that takes the most hunting skills to be successful.. then Chuck Adams without a doubt.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure what the guys name is, but I was watching a show where a guy filled his last remaining North American slam animal (stone sheep) with a recurve bow. As in he's killed all 27or 28 North American big game animals with a recurve bow. That's pretty impressive.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: npaden

Not sure what the guys name is, but I was watching a show where a guy filled his last remaining North American slam animal (stone sheep) with a recurve bow. As in he's killed all 27or 28 North American big game animals with a recurve bow. That's pretty impressive.
Ok then, I'll put Chuck Adams second to that guy since he uses a compound..
Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will throw in atrivia question to give my answer. The best ever was the last living link between those who hunted for survival alone and those that resembled modern day hunters. This link died of TB in a university after teaching the crafts handed down by thousands of generations before us. Anyone know the answer???

Hint: This man was Chucks mentor......
Old 02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Joseph Idlout

He was so renowned as a hunter that he was portrayed with his hunting party on the back of the old Canadian $2 bill.

http://www.collectioncanada.ca/obj/021013/f1/xx008787-v4.jpg

Quick Reply: Best & Most Accomplished Big Game Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.