Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Why are hunts so damn expensive??? >

Why are hunts so damn expensive???

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Why are hunts so damn expensive???

Old 03-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Spike

Default RE: Why are hunts so damn expensive???

Off topic thread. The natives you are talking about have hunted these lands in the past and present as I did with my grandfather when I was a kid. I still do. I am native and hunt the land relatively free ofthe beurocrocy.
To imply we are getting wise is uneducated to say the least. We will still hunt free on this land and definately explore the economic opportunities that have been in a strangle holdin the past.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

The prices are that high on hunts because there are people who can and will fork out the money. It's that simple. Same for gas prices and anything else.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:07 PM

I agree with yall but one thing yall need to understand is that its the land owners that have the outfitters by the balls......they now what they can get.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:56 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

How one views it all is largely a matter perspective.
IMHO, there are two sides to the coin andone has to choose which side to use as one's viewpoint:

(1) It is the hunting world's fault and/or the fault of "other powers"thatsome of the hunts I want are are "too" expensive and therefore I can't have them. (I'm a victim.)

OR

(2) It is my responsibility to earn what I need to earnin order to do what I want to do, no one else.
(I'm responsible for my own situation and for making things happen.)

DIY remote/away from home hunts are great and Ihave my share, and doing my annual elk camp is a favorite; however, I recognize that there is a whole class of hunts that if I want them, thenit is NOT going to be DIY. If it is my goal to get these hunts done, then it is my responsibility to make it happen (in balance with my other goals). It may take time, but IMHO one has to strive, can't just live life at random.

Take your pick.
Best of luck with whichever you choose.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Well here's my 2 cents worth. I agree the prices have gotten completely out of hand, including the cost of tags. I have been hunting out west since 1982. Never have I hired an outfitter. Always DIY types of hunts and I have only been skunked once. That was 3 years ago in Co.
These DIY hunts are very affordable if you take the time to research. Public property as well as private property are available but as with anything worth whileyou must do the leg work. If you are happy paying thouands of hard earned dollars to hire an outfitter so be it. The more hunters who do this make the cost increase and this in my opinion isn't good for anyone but the outfitters. I agree they have to earn a living too but they don't have to gouge us. It's all about the money and big racks.

Spudrow from Missouri