Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Idaho Selway Bitterroot Area Outfitter >

Idaho Selway Bitterroot Area Outfitter

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Idaho Selway Bitterroot Area Outfitter

Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 AM

Default Idaho Selway Bitterroot Area Outfitter

Has anyone used Meadow Creek Outfitters ( http://mail.ctcweb.net/~mchunt/medous.html )? Or know someone who has?

If you don't want to post send me a PM.

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Idaho Selway Bitterroot Area Outfitter

I looked intoMeadow Creekactually just acouple weeks ago thinking about a drop camp. Sounds like a good area where they have the camps set up, I called the Bio for the area. Good quality elk, overall elk herd is decliningfrom past years. When I called to buy my elk lic from the fish and game the Selway Zone was sold out for the B lic. Does Meadow Creek still have tags going through the outfitter?? Acouple weeks ago they told me they only had 5 left to sell, I didnt want to be "committed" to an outfitter as I like to hunt on my own and wanted the freedom of that.....Ill be more on the ball next year to get my tag bought in time from the fish and game, heading to the Frank Church this year instead.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

.....Ill be more on the ball next year to get my tag bought in time from the fish and game,
You have to be on the phone at 12:00 midnight on 12/1 to get a B tag for that area, call and call and call, heck last time I was both on the phone and trying to get thru on the internet, got a busy signal on the phone and a server busy on the internet, when I got thru the tags were all gone.
heading to the Frank Church this year instead.
Have you checked to see what burned? there was a huge fire last summer in and around that area, I know the area I hunt is pretty much burned out.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for your concern. It really doesnt matter to me if I hunt the Selway or Frank Church. Both are good areas. Im all up to date on the fire situation. Actually I like the idea of a good burn through the area for hunting purposes. Long as they get some moisture this spring and summer to have it green up, the elk will be back in those area's this fall. Thats the one reason I didnt want to be commited to the Outfitter in the Selway with buying they're permit to use they're drop camp, a fire went through that area and if its a dry season, dont want to be stuck to using that area as I have to now use the services of that outfitter. Thats my plan for the Frank Church, see how the summer goes with moisturewill dicate where Ill be hunting this fall. My dad use to guide inthe Frank Churchso we know afew areas to go to under differnt circumstances.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you got it wired tight, Im still trying to figure out what Im doing. My biggest problem is trying to come up with hunting partners to make the trip, everyone talks a good game, but come crunch time they back out. When their to old to do that kind of hunt, theyll be kicking themselves in the rear.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 PM

I have never hunted with Meadow Creek outfitters, but have hunted the Selway several times with World Class Outfitting adventures out of Arlee Mt. (WWW.Packin.com) They hunt the selway in unit 17 leaving Montana from Darby Mt and drive about 70 miles to a place called Paradise. From there it is walk or Mule. They are a great bunch of people to hunt with. The hunting is tough and there is no guarantee of an elk as with any outfitter. If you are interested in the Selway I would at least give Jason or Ernie a call.