HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Rash (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/227147-rash.html)

Double Droptine 01-14-2008 07:48 AM

Rash

Here's an embarassing question.

When I do a lot of hunting/walking I sweat and develop a rash around the privates.[:'(] Going on a 5 day drop camp hunt can be a big challenge. Once I get a rash, and it doesn't take a lot, my walking is done.

Since it is not practical to pack in water supplies, etc. have any of you experienced this issue and have a solution.

I will take scent free wet wipes. I am thinking about buying bicycling shorts but don't know how much that will help. Since I can't take a ton of clothes I don't know how big a factor it is to keep wearingthe same underarmour type garmets I did the entire day or two before.

Anybody with a similar issue that found a solution. Thanks!

fishm@n 01-14-2008 08:25 AM

RE: Rash

Walk bow legged like a cowboy.. keeps things from rubbing.
I've feltyour pain and don't have a cure other than to either shower or bath (in an ice cold creek)a time or two or be liberal with the wipes. I take some spray on anti scent which knocks down the stank somewhat on used clothes.. but I've learned that you just can't stay scentfree up in the mountains after several days or more of serious hiking... use the wind and stay upwind of your buddies! [8D]

psdpower 01-14-2008 09:07 AM

try balmex diaper rash. Probably best if you apply before. Only problem, is I don't know if there is a scent free kind..

Champlain Islander 01-14-2008 09:10 AM

I use anti bacterial wipes and make sure I use them after every #2 movement. Each night I use them in that whole area front and back and then put on some medicated powder to keep dry. It is important to stay ahead of any rash. Lots of walking up steep hills causes sweat and you have to learn to stop a rash from developing. I layer and never walk without going lite on the cloths.

Double Droptine 01-14-2008 10:39 AM

Champlain:

Excellent advice. Thank you!

oakcreek 01-14-2008 11:52 AM

Try penaten diaper cream or vassoline it works quite well.

solocam79 01-14-2008 09:30 PM

use tobasco sauce jk. I still use old gold bond not scent free but i dont get a rash either.

Monie 01-15-2008 10:55 AM

I'm not sure what's out there, but you may be able to find an undergarment that wicks away moisture. That may help keep the rash at bay. If not, you could take extra shorts and change, just like socks, when you feel they are getting damp with sweat.

beast44k 01-16-2008 07:49 AM

It may be elastic causing the problems too.
Some people are boxers, some are briefs...Cabela's put out a comfortable pair of wicking briefs with scent-eliminator.
It's the MTP series IIRC.

glockman55 01-16-2008 08:32 AM

Use the wipes, they work very well.