Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Need recommendations for 2008 hunt >

Need recommendations for 2008 hunt

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need recommendations for 2008 hunt

Old 01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need recommendations for 2008 hunt

I strongly recommend going to Routier Outfitting! It is a top notch operation! If you don't come home with an animal you are way too picky! A guy I went with last year passed on 72 antelope in one day!!!! That is not the norm, BUT the animals ARE there!

He has several different hunts. Check him out!

http://www.huntsd.net/
Old 01-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

Take a look at Darren Byler's Alaska Tours. He guides black and brown bears. Along with blacktail,goat and caribou. mailto:[email protected]
Old 01-16-2008, 09:59 PM

Have you considered a hunt in British Columbia -- one of the best in South Eastern BC is Ram Creek Outfitters (www.ramcreek.ca) .These folks offer combination hunts -- onseveral species of game including Elk,Moose(Canadian species),Goat ,Sheep,Whitetail,Mule Deer,Mountain Cats,Wolf,Black Bear.Top drawer operation with a very good success rate.Check them out.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 AM

How about a DIY Wyoming Antelope hunt. Cheap. I have all the info. I want to hunt hogs. I sent you a Personal Message.
Twobears55

Old 01-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

success is high with caribou maybe even moose /caribou combo
Old 01-25-2008, 11:59 AM

I agreepronghorn in wyoming are as inexpensive as any hunt, you get to hunt in open country thats not too steep,see lots of game and muleyscanbe added. most tags out west are on an application basis so you need to get going. I have done this several times and like these ranch style hunts. The ranch i used to hunt is now handled by someone else so i cannt help you there.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Spike

Colorado Elk hunt is the best choice. Easy to get a tag and by far the best game in the lower 48.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:15 PM

You have got to try Antlerthill Outfitters in Alberta. They only do spring Black Bear and it is an awesome fly-in hunt. Great set-up for younger hunters as well. Top notch camp with fantastic food and LOTS of good bears. Good people and loads of great memories. Smaller camp as I believe he only takes four hunters at a time. Jason is the outfitters name and his # is 403 227 2709. Highly recomended! Oh and did I mention you can take two bears each.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:21 PM

Based on what the original poster has requested. A DIY antelope hunt in Wyoming is a great idea with a little help from some of us here. A black bear hunt in Quebec, Ontario or Manitoba is also a very high success rate hunt if the outfitter is doing his part and reasonable in price. Colorado elk is also a good option though I know less about it even though I am accumulating PP's there....lol. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Try Deer Meadows Outfitters in Nebraska. Excellent Mule Deer Hunting. They also offer other hunts, but monster mulies are there specialty. They have pics from the past several years. Definately check it out.

www.deermeadowsoutfitters.com

Quick Reply: Need recommendations for 2008 hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.