Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION >

HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION

Old 01-26-2003, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION

JUST A NOTE FOR ALL CONCERNED, LAST SPRING ON THIS SITE I WAS THE "WINNER" OF AN AUCTION FOR A RAM HUNT FROM ROCKING HEART ELK RANCH IN NEBRASKA. WENT AND TOOK A NICE CORSICAN RAM AND THE OWNER RON SCHERBATH WHO ALSO DOES TAXIDERMERY QUOTED A PRICE AND A TIME FOR COMPLETION ALONG WITH REPAIRING A BROKEN TIP ON ONE HORN. WHILE IT WAS NOT MY CUP OF TEA AS FAR AS HUNTING GOES , I BOUGHT IT MAINLY FOR THE MOUNT. WELL THE 2 TO 3 MONTH PERIOD WENT BY THAT HE QUOTED THE MOUNT WOULD BE DONE I SENT AN EMAIL AND HE SAID 60 MORE DAYS OR SO THAT EXPIRED AND SENT ANOTHER EMAIL AND AGAIN 60 DAYS OR SO THAT EXPIRED AND MONTH LATER SENT MORE EMAILS ASKING FOR STATUS DID NOT GET REPLY SENT TWO MORE WITH A LOT STRONGER CONTENT AND FINALLY GOT REPLY. 2 MORE WEEKS HE SAID ALONG WITH WHINING THAT I WAS BEING UNREASONABLE [YEA I WAS REALLY UNREASONABLE I NEVER MADE OR BROKE ONE PROMISE UNLIKE HIM] WELL LO AND BEHOLD SEVERAL DAYS LATER THE MOUNT ARRIVES AND I KNEW BEFORE I OPENED IT I WAS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY AND INDEED I WAS NOT HAPPY THE MOUNT WAS FINE BUT THE HACK NEVER FIXED THE HORN LIKE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO. JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU JUST BECAUSE THEY ADVERTIZE HERE THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS A REPUTABLE
BUSINESS. SORRY FOR THE LENGHTY POST BUT THIS REALLY TEES ME OFF
Old 01-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION

Sorry to hear about your problem.I find it a better practice to have my taxidermy work brought home with me where I know and trust my taxidermist.It might be a hassel in the begining tranporting capes and horn or antler back but then I'm sure of the quality of work I will receive.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

...especially when you put the rush and pressure on the taxidermist. Most good quality taxidermy has around a one year turn around time. I'd be very leary on faster turn around times, especially when repairs are included. The taxidermist should of been more responsive in my opinion, but it doesn't surprise me that he sent it out the door to get you off his back.
ArcticBowMan's Hunting Photo's
Old 01-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ARTICBOWMAN,THERE WAS NO PRESSURE OR RUSH PUT ON HIM BY ME. I WAS ONLY GOING BY WHAT HE QUOTED AS THE TURN AROUND TIME. HE IS THE ONE THAT QUOTED PRICE AND TURN AROUND TIME IF HE HAD SAID ONE OR EVEN TWO YEARS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEM , JUST TAKING HIM AT HIS WORD
Old 01-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Articbowman is right if you are getting a mount back in 2 or 3 months I would be very leary .It may not have been commercialy tanned and that can cause problems down the road.Also most good and reputable taxidermists have a work log that doesn't permit such a fast turn around.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:52 PM

my last mout took almost a year.it was a wild hog
Old 01-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

just going by what the manb promised he is supposed to be an award winning taxidermist. though now i think i know what kind of awards he has earned. nothing to do now but move forward and for all that read this to keep it in your mind. just a damn shame but it is another example of what is wrong with this country today
Old 01-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its been eight months and he promised three,I think I would be upset too .
Old 01-26-2003, 06:10 PM

I understand that a mount would most likely take a year or longer, but if the guy says 3 months then by golly he better have it in 3 months. If a mans word aint no good, then what good is the man?
Old 02-01-2003, 11:01 PM

I would be mad too! If you say you're gonna do something, then by god do it!

Quick Reply: HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.