Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION >

HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION

Old 02-02-2003, 08:51 PM

Default RE: HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION

Always have your own taxidermist. Someone that you know and trust. Shop around, see what their work looks like, ask others about their reputation. When you find someone you like, stick with them. The guy I deal with has a two year waiting list on returns, he tells you that up front. He's never disappointed me and he does outstanding work. He currently is not taking new customers because he is so booked up. It's more of a relationship than business.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

One thing I've learnt dealin' with pink-arsed mama's boys ever year is thet they all got their stories. They look at things thru their own hazy eyeballs an' rarely see things as they are. Fact: no real taxidermist will promise a mount in less than a year. If he does, he's an amatuer. Fact: any client pesterin' a outfitter 'bout a unrealistic expectation ain't gonna git treated like he's was anythin' more than a nusance. The guy got you a good hunt an' a trophy. Thet's his job. Not panderin' to yer ever wish an' pipe dream. Grow up.

BJ
Old 02-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

BEAVERJACK, YOU ILLITERATE MORON IT YOU KNEW HOW TO READ YOU WOULD NOT POST SOME STUPID REPLY LIKE YOU DID.THE FACT IS I NEVER PESTERED ANYONE I TOOK THE MAN AT HIS WORD AND I QUESS WITH HIM AND YOU A MANS WORD MEANS NOTHING.YOU MUST BE RELAATED TO THIS HACK RON SCHERBARTH CAUSE YOU PROBABLY TREATED YOUR CUSTOMERS JUST LIKE HIM. NO WONDER YOUR NOT GUIDING ANYMORE PROBABLY HAD NO ONE LEFT TO GUIDE. A MANS WORD IS HIS BOND AND PLAIN AND SIMPLE HE DID NOT LIVE UP TO HIS WORD. YOU CAN PROBABLY RELATE TO THAT AS YOU SOUND JUST LIKE HIM
Old 02-03-2003, 07:30 PM

if you had ever had a mount done before you should have known this to be too soon and should have asked about it. if you did not have a previous mount you should have asked around to cinfirm this amount of time. if you had done this there would never have been a problem.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

HEY I DONT KNOW IF SOME OF YOU PEOPLE CAN NOT READ OR WHAT. FIRST AND FORMOST IF I GET ANYTHING DONE BY ANYONE THEN IT MUST BE SOMETHING THAT I CAN NOT DO. SO AT THAT POINT THEY ARE THE EXPERT IF THEY SAY THEY CAN SHOOT FLAMING BALLS OUT OF THEIR A-S THEN WHO AM I TO ARGUE WITH THEM. BUT WHEN THEY TELL ME THAT THEN THEY HAD BETTER PUT ON ONE HELL OF A SHOW WITH THEM FLAMING BALLS. IF A SO CALLED AWARD WINNING TAXIDERMIST SAYS HE CAN DO A MOUNT IN THREE MONTHS THEN HE CAN DO IT NOT BUT IT IS NOT RIGHT AFTER 3 MONTHS TO KEEP SAYING 60 DAYS 60 DAYS 60 DAYS.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:55 PM

you still should have checked on the time period. you could have called other taxidermist. chance favors the prepared mind. you should been prepared for what a taxidermist does when you decided to get a mount.with all these calls and mails you made to him, why did you not check with other taxidermist?
Old 02-03-2003, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I HAVE CHECKED WITH OTHER TAXIDERMISTS . I PRESENTLY HAVE A COYOTE AND AN ELK AT THE TAXIDERMIST AND IT HAS BEEN ABOUT 15 MONTHS NOW WHEN I TOOK THEM IN HE SAID AROUND TWO YEARS SO NO PROBLEM.

bob dunning
Old 02-03-2003, 08:04 PM

if this guy had said 15 years would you have accepted it because he was a expert?no!! you woulkd have asked around. you should have done that this time also.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:40 PM

bob d is now sending me emails callin me and idiot. i am not the one who expected a mount in 3 months.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:12 AM

You do kinda sound like an idiot though.

"In heaven, even the fish have antlers"

Quick Reply: HUNT PURCHASED HERE ON AUCTION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.