Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Unsuccessful elk hunt but still a great time and lots of pics >

Unsuccessful elk hunt but still a great time and lots of pics

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Unsuccessful elk hunt but still a great time and lots of pics

Old 10-27-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Unsuccessful elk hunt but still a great time and lots of pics

Well i went out on Wed evening to see if me, my dad or another fellow we hunt with could fill our tags. All together we seen only 25 elk, lots of satellite bulls that werent legal(3 points or larger) i seen a nice 6x6 but he was about 700yds from me and i tried stalkin up on him but we i got to within range he was gone, we seen a small herd of about 12 this morning but it was still too early to shot and they took off into the bush and we couldnt find them after that. Didnt even see that much elk sign, just not enough snow in the higher altitudes to push them down to where we hunt. We did get some snow on Wed evening but most of melted the next day.

Now if Whitetails were open for rifle and we had moose tags we would have had great success. I alone seen 12 moose 9 of which were bulls, 4 were around 40" spread, and 2 that were over 50" spread. (video and pics of bull in bowhunting)

Seen too many whitetails to count, i did count bucks though and i seen 21 different bucks and i seen the one i have been hunting for a while and he is a 180+ buck now, i couldnt believe it 8x8 with two identical drop tines great mass and width. I was carrying my bow with me 2 of the 3 days and the last day of course i snuck up on a really nice 4x4 whitey to within 40yds, could have got closer too[&:], took a pic of him but it didnt turn out[&:]

Managed to do some ruffed grouse hunting too and i managed to bag 6, one of which i took with the bow(pics in Upland Bird Hunting score thread). Also did some trout fishing and had great success there as well, pulled lots of fish out of the water and few really nice trout(pics in freshwater fishing)

But here are a bunch of pictures i put into some slideshows.Hope you enjoy
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/lethalconnection/?action=view&current=0e7174ca.pbw
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/lethalconnection/?action=view&current=302f3c59.pbw
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/lethalconnection/?action=view&current=91c6d2dc.pbw
Old 10-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Unsuccessful elk hunt but still a great time and lots of pics

nice pictures. thanks for sharing better luck next year
Old 10-28-2007, 05:34 PM

Default RE: Unsuccessful elk hunt but still a great time and lots of pics

Still got till Nov 31st to get my bull so im not too worried about it