Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Successful moose hunt!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Successful moose hunt!

Good Stort and once agian congrats
Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

thanks, The antlers should be on my livingroom wall in another week or 2...I have shot some nice bulls before and my wife always asked me " when are you going to hangthe antlers in the house" to which I always replied...Not big/nice enough...But when she talked to me while at camp and asked me how big it was all I replied was ...This one will go in the house!!! Rodney.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Here is another pic, My little man was a excited to see it too!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

ha ha nice picture he looks thrilled. once agian nice bull!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Typical Buck

That's amazing Rod.An animal like thatisin the "one of these days" category for me, but I'll get one.

By the way, what kind of rifle is that, and what caliber?

Old 11-21-2007, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Browning BLR in 7mm Rem mag. Thanks again!!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:41 PM

Wow...that is a super bull...I so want to go moose hunting next year...now I just have to find the time and money and permission from Dad
Old 11-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rodmax

here is the story;LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!
I left camp at daylight for the usual walk of 35 minutes to my stand. I walked 10 minutes and came upon some fresh tracks-going my way-towards my stand. he stayed on the road for 500-600 yards then the tracks left the road.
So I continued on my way to the next fork and headed up the road about 200 yards up the road the tracks were there again, and kept on the road until 100 yards from my stand the tracks went off into the alders.So I went to my stand got installed and never made a sound for an hour, then I made a cow call... then 10 minutes after I almost had a heart attack!!! the cracking and smashing and snorting all from less than 50 yards into the alders and new growth....
It took a couple of minutes for me to get calmed down...and stop shaking and I kept looking in the direction of the noises that had since stopped.Then there he was 130yds(he must have winded me)because he was slowly leaving. First shot was from the stand, standing arms length and the first shot never touched him(because he was over a ridge if I got down off of the stand I would have lost sight of him)He ran 25 yards then I was down and after him I ran 50 yards and got another shot. this shot hit him but it was high-He ran another 25 yards then I got him good and he fell right there,30 feet from where we could back a truck.
He was down at 8;10 am and hanging at camp at 10;30am... so that is the story, Rodney.
I think the best part of that story is #0 feet from where I could back a truck! I bitch when I have to drag a good size Whitetail! I couldn't imagine having to get him way out back. Nice Moose Congratulations!! I hope to someday hunt a moose. I have been applying in the states for 6 years now, and have yet to pull a tag.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

We are fortunate in Quebec to not have to apply for a draw tag, The management plan works by requiring different number of tags..example; this year in my WMA it required 2 tags for 1 moose.
I have seen it up as high as 4 tags per moose and it has even been 1for1. However we do have a random draw for female moose tags.

BTW We have had to quarter and pack moose out up to 1 mile from the road before!!! Now that is work!! So we do appreciate the close ones..Rodney.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:59 PM

That'll fill the freezer and then some!

Quick Reply: Successful moose hunt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.