Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

3 Bulls In 6 Days!

Old 09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3 Bulls In 6 Days!

I'm sorry Paul, but we're going to need pics and stories to verify the 4th and 5th Bulls respectively
Old 09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job as usual Paul. Looks like a fine year
Old 09-28-2007, 06:48 AM

Thats just awesome!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:20 AM

CONGRATS what a hunt!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am very impressed, to kill those caliber of public land bulls in 6 days! Hats of from one Idahoan to another.. great work guys! Awesome hunts and bulls!
Old 09-29-2007, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks again guys!!! We had fun for sure! The bulls weren't talking much, but enough to get them in trouble!! (grin) Clayton has found the tine that was broken off his right side & put it back on, you can't hardly tell at all. The bull ran smack into a tree on his death sprint down the mtn, that's where he broke the tine off then died in the stream!

ElkNut1
Old 09-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice work, and great bulls!!! Those sounded like some exciting close shots!!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:12 AM

Elknut1, man that is amazing and I congratulate you guys.I just got back from chasing elk around Montana with compound bows and for you to get 3 royals with recurves is nothing less than amazing. Sounds like you really hit the rut just right.

We were dumbfounded as to why the elk in our area (Big Belt range) were not bugling even though late September is usually prime time. We suspect it may have been all the local fires and smoke last summer that screwed up their clocks. The only real bugling action we got was one awesome day where we were on the edge of private range land (not high fence, more like old rotten fence) bugling with a high 300's class 7 point (I've got video of this monster bull)and smaller satellite's about 250 yds from us. We stayed with them for most of the day cow calling and bugling. Just when they started to leave one of the satellite 5 points ran/walked up to us but we'd gotten out of position since we thought they were leaving (don't ever give up until its too dark to shoot!). That was the highlite of a frustrating hunt although we did manage to put mule deer in the freezer. I think we may be putting in for Idaho tags next year.

btw - how's the meat on those bulls? I'm used to eating cows and spikes which are mighty tender and tasty.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:28 AM

Wow, those are some impressive bulls, Almost as impressive as the stories and pics that came with them.
Congrates and thanks for sharing those amazing memories!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

fishm@n---So far we've only had a steak off the backstrap, normally that's a good indicator of the rest of the meat. So far so good though on all 3 bulls. I believe mine is the tastiest so far, we did compare some! They're no spike or tasty cow, (if it's not too old) but they're tastier than tag soup!! (grin) Thanks for asking!!

ElkNut1

Quick Reply: 3 Bulls In 6 Days!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.